minimum tournament players

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
SpazzPoker

minimum tournament players

Post by SpazzPoker »

This goes along with my bug report kinda.

I would like a tournament payout option that would NOT payout if there are less then a certain amount of players.

It could even cancel the tournament if less then x players.

This is to be used for affiliate freerolls. I want to require them to have a certain amount of players in the game or it doesnt payout (or doesnt play).

Thanks,
Shannon
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: minimum tournament players

Post by Kent Briggs »

SpazzPoker wrote:This goes along with my bug report kinda.
I would like a tournament payout option that would NOT payout if there are less then a certain amount of players.
It could even cancel the tournament if less then x players.
This is to be used for affiliate freerolls. I want to require them to have a certain amount of players in the game or it doesnt payout (or doesnt play).
That would require redesigning the payout system, which isn't likely to happen. You can however use the "Start min" option on a tournament so that x number of registered players must click the "Start Now" box before a tournament can start.
SpazzPoker

Post by SpazzPoker »

The start min option would not have the desired effect. The tournaments I am referring to are scheduled tournaments and not SNG's.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SpazzPoker wrote:The start min option would not have the desired effect. The tournaments I am referring to are scheduled tournaments and not SNG's.
There are also things you can do with the API such as run a cron job 1 minute before the tourney is scheduled to start and take it offline if not enough players have registered. Or put the signup form on your web site and only put the tournament online when enough have registered, etc.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

Can't you do this by setting the Payout Structure?

Just looking at the payout setup for tourneys.

The left column sets the number of "Entrants".. What happens if you set the first line to, say, 10-15 instead of 2-4?
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:What happens if you set the first line to, say, 10-15 instead of 2-4?
Currently it will just treat that as 2 to 15.