Chip Transfer Restriction

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
SpazzPoker

Chip Transfer Restriction

Post by SpazzPoker »

Could there be a field added to set a percentage for chip transfer?

I want to allow chip transfers, BUT I don't want people to be able transferring their entire account over.

BTW : Thanks for the great job you are doing with this program. Kudos 8-)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Chip Transfer Restriction

Post by Kent Briggs »

SpazzPoker wrote:Could there be a field added to set a percentage for chip transfer?
I want to allow chip transfers, BUT I don't want people to be able transferring their entire account over.
A single percent field wouldn't work as they could keep transferring over and over. So you would have to have some kind of time field, too. And then others would want a fixed limit rather than a percentage. So that kind of detail is best implemented with the API where you can set your own rules. Disable the in-game transfer function and then setup a web form where the sending player inputs their name and password, the recipient's name, and the amount of chips. Use the API function AccountsGet to verify the accounts, then decide if the transfer will be allowed, then use AccountsDecBalance and AccountsIncBalance for the chip transfer.

By the way, for people with no web scripting experience, the trial (and lite) version now has the API functions enabled so if you wanted to hire a PHP programmer to help you out, they can use it to get the job done and therefore won't need access to your server.