Don't unregister from tournaments

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
rjones33

Re: Don't unregister from tournaments

Post by rjones33 »

Ok guys, I have finished up with version 1.0 of the Player Registration Utility. I put a few more features in and created some documentation with step by step instructions to get you started. I am excited to hear your feedback. This utility has saved me some time already and I hope it is of use the Poker Mavens Community. :ugeek: Here is the download link:

http://www.pokersharkz.net/Downloads/Pl ... ration.zip
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's really cool.

Kent should post this somewhere on his site!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote:Ok guys, I have finished up with version 1.0 of the Player Registration Utility. I put a few more features in and created some documentation with step by step instructions to get you started. I am excited to hear your feedback.
Nice work. You could automate the folder selection step by fetching the Data Folder out of the registry and appending "CrashProtect" to it. It's located under:

Path: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Briggs Softworks\Poker Mavens 2\
Key: DataFolder
imperialized

Post by imperialized »

Works beautifully. Thank you very much. I owe ya one

What's your email?

or if you wanna try to catch me live, I'd love to offer some feedback for ya.

my aim is: apotheosis 9987 -- email is above.
David Lallone
http://www.whypaypoker.com
WhyPayPoker Owner
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote:Ok guys, I have finished up with version 1.0 of the Player Registration Utility.
I'm seeing an error on my Vista 64 system. After entering my site data and restarting the utility, if I select Tools|Settings on your menu it brings up the original form again but all the fields are empty. There's no cancel button so the only way to close it is to fill in all the info again and hit the save button. However when I do that, I get a "PlayReg has stopped working" message and the program aborts. It seems to have saved it though because I can restart and make it work.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Kent Briggs wrote:
rjones33 wrote:Ok guys, I have finished up with version 1.0 of the Player Registration Utility.
I'm seeing an error on my Vista 64 system. After entering my site data and restarting the utility, if I select Tools|Settings on your menu it brings up the original form again but all the fields are empty. There's no cancel button so the only way to close it is to fill in all the info again and hit the save button. However when I do that, I get a "PlayReg has stopped working" message and the program aborts. It seems to have saved it though because I can restart and make it work.

Yeah, I have that form pop up on first run and I am using the same form in the tools menu which is no good. I'll take care of that today after I get home from my 'real job' :D Also thanks for the directory path from the registry suggestion, I am going to give that a shot as well.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Kent Briggs wrote:Nice work. You could automate the folder selection step by fetching the Data Folder out of the registry and appending "CrashProtect" to it. It's located under:

Path: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Briggs Softworks\Poker Mavens 2\
Kent,

I don't seem to have a DataFolder Key...is that normal? I even did a search of the entire registry and came up with nothing...
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote:
Kent Briggs wrote: Path: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Briggs Softworks\Poker Mavens 2\
Kent,

I don't seem to have a DataFolder Key...is that normal? I even did a search of the entire registry and came up with nothing...
Actually what I labeled above as "Path" is considered the "Key" and what I labeled as "Key" is the "Value". If you run REGEDIT, you should be able to browse to it manually starting with HKEY_CURRENT_USER at the top of the registry. All of the System Settings are stored in that "Poker Mavens 2" key.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Kent,

I see where all the data is stored in the poker mavens 2 folder in the registry, but I still don't see a value for the DataFolder in there. Question...Can I just use the logical %appdata% and append poker mavens\CrashProtect to it? Is that logical common to all machines? It works on my server and on my XP laptop so I am assuming that might work. Thanks.

** Update ** - I figured out a way in .net to get the users application data folder so I can just append \poker mavens\CrashProtect to it. Think I will take the browse button off now. There shouldn't be any need for the user to have to search for the path now.... :D
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote:I see where all the data is stored in the poker mavens 2 folder in the registry, but I still don't see a value for the DataFolder in there.
Ah, I bet I know why. If you've never changed it, it never got written to the registry, and thus is just using the default.
Question...Can I just use the logical %appdata% and append poker mavens\CrashProtect to it? Is that logical common to all machines? It works on my server and on my XP laptop so I am assuming that might work. Thanks.
%appdata% is an environment variable. It's the right one but I don't know if it's guaranteed to be on every machine.
** Update ** - I figured out a way in .net to get the users application data folder so I can just append \poker mavens\CrashProtect to it.
The code I use in Delphi looks like this:

Code: Select all

function GetShellpath(csidl: Integer): string;
var
  pidl: PItemIDList;
  buf: array[0..MAX_PATH] of char;
begin
  Result:='';
  if ShGetSpecialFolderLocation(0,csidl,pidl)=0 then
  begin
    if ShGetPathfromIDList(pidl,buf) then Result:=StrPas(buf);
    CoTaskMemFree(pidl);
  end;
end;
And the csidl value I pass to it for the Application Data folder is:

Code: Select all

const
  CSIDL_APPDATA = $001A;
And then I just append "\Poker Mavens\CrashProtect" to it as you described above. In Vista and Windows 7, it's quite different from what you get in 9x and XP. Mine is:

C:\Users\Kent\AppData\Roaming\Poker Mavens\CrashProtect\