Leagues

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
cuervo5150

Leagues

Post by cuervo5150 »

Greetings,

The addition of the "Title" and "Level" fields is great, and going to come in handy for me soon. However, I would like to know if you could add a third field in there as well to identify a players league/team/guild, etc. so that the mouse over would look something like...

Team: The Wild Bunch Title: Captain Level: 10

I think this would be perfect for adding in another competitive element for the players to use, as they build their teams and leagues to duke it out. I have a team based theme for my site and I know that another sysop who promotes Bar Leagues (hmmmm who could that be), would be able to truly use that format. I am just using our two sites as examples, but I am sure that the others could find it very useful as well.

...and to finish this little wish off, could the "Team" field choices be defined by the sysop's and the users be able to select the available ones using a scroll or drop-down menu in the create/change account window? If that is too much, I would be very happy with just the extra field and input the data manually.

Thank you for your time,

Chris
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Leagues

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:Greetings,

The addition of the "Title" and "Level" fields is great, and going to come in handy for me soon. However, I would like to know if you could add a third field in there as well to identify a players league/team/guild, etc. so that the mouse over would look something like...

Team: The Wild Bunch Title: Captain Level: 10
Eventually I'm going to add a mechanism for adding custom fields. In the mean time, you've go 50 characters of available space in the Level field so you can combine items there: Level: 10 - The Wild Bunch
...and to finish this little wish off, could the "Team" field choices be defined by the sysop's and the users be able to select the available ones using a scroll or drop-down menu in the create/change account window?
Highly specific customizations like that are best implemented with the API. And then you can put up your own pick list and make it work how you want.
madcow

Post by madcow »

about the title also be determined by amount of chips in the player's account ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:about the title also be determined by amount of chips in the player's account ?
The API is your friend. Embrace him. :)
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

Custom sysop defined fields is just the ticket!

I've been using the Level field for league membership info and it does look a little amateurish.

Would the names we assign to custom fields also become API accessable?
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
madcow

Post by madcow »

Kent Briggs wrote:
madcow wrote:about the title also be determined by amount of chips in the player's account ?
The API is your friend. Embrace him. :)
I meant, it's automatically changed ..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:I meant, it's automatically changed ..
The Title and Level fields are general purpose. There's no way for the program itself to know what you want to do with them and there's no way I could program a task for them that would please everyone. You could run a script once a day or so that sets them, based on your own criteria.
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Ok, so instead of modifying the existing new account menu in the client, us sysops can do it with the API and menu's we build on our web-sites, cool. However, the tables would just look so polished if we had the 3 fields to use on the mouse over. True, we could cram two bits of info together inside of one field as you suggested but...

1. Team: The Wild Bunch Title: Captain Level: 10

or

2. Title: Captain Level: 10 - The Wild Bunch

...it is easy to see which one stands out, is easy to read and would make the best looking impact on your software.

I don't think this would be a singular customization at all, as all of us could use this 3rd general info field. We all know players like recognition and to see their names on leaderboards, but now they can show-off what titles they have earned, what level their on, and hopefully soon, what team they belong to. Call it what you will for now, League, Team, etc; but I implore you to please, add just one more field in the mouseover for us to use.

cuervo5150 :|
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote: ...it is easy to see which one stands out, is easy to read and would make the best looking impact on your software.
The mouseover message doesn't support bolding like you showed above so you could literally put the word "Team: " in the Level field and it would look exactly the same as if it were a separate field.

Title: Captain Level: 10 Team: The Wild Bunch

The text stored in this Level field example would be "10 Team: The Wild Bunch"
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

The new Language options effectively give cuervo exactly what he wants, right?

Effectively, the Title, Level, Real Name, Location and Custon feilds can all be changed to whatever we want by changing the labels in the Language panel!

Have I got this right?
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca