Changes to accomodate advertising

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
CanadaWest

Changes to accomodate advertising

Post by CanadaWest »

Being a freeplay site its important to be able to offer various advertising options. Three ideas come to mind:

1) Offer a table logo option for a single table or tournament, so we can put a sponsor's name or logo "on the felt" for a specific tournament or ring table & different ones for different tables.

2) All-In Card Image. An avatar style image that appears over the cards of a player who is all-in. A sponsor can buy the "all-in moments". (I know an antiperspirant company that likes this idea)

3) Break Pop-up/alert: Intead of showing it in the chat window, have the break countdown appear in an alert with space for a small banner ad. eg. You're on a break! great time to order a pizza from our sponsor...!

Cheers!

CanadaWest
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
SVTF

Re: Changes to accomodate advertising

Post by SVTF »

CanadaWest wrote:Being a freeplay site its important to be able to offer various advertising options. Three ideas come to mind:

3) Break Pop-up/alert: Intead of showing it in the chat window, have the break countdown appear in an alert with space for a small banner ad. eg. You're on a break! great time to order a pizza from our sponsor...!

CanadaWest
I like this one.
Alex

Post by Alex »

very good idea guys.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

I agree with Alex...good thinking guys..
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

SVTF likes the Break pop-up idea. I think the other two offer more page impressions. Although national fast food companies, like domino pizza, who have online ordering will like the break time ad, there will be a lot more all-ins than breaks and the on-the-felt ad will be there all the time. So they are actually more valuable ad space.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
madcow

Post by madcow »

1) Offer a table logo option for a single table or tournament, so we can put a sponsor's name or logo "on the felt" for a specific tournament or ring table & different ones for different tables.
i like this one .. :)
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

I think all three of Canada's ideas are great! We all seem to be moving in the same direction with obtaining sponsorship deals to pay the bills and this would be a terrific pitch.
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

madcow wrote:
i like this one .. :)
Ditto!