Sitting out

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Hubeedoo

Sitting out

Post by Hubeedoo »

can a tournament option have a player being removed and buy in forfeited if sitting out for a number of hands. The number can be set in tournament options.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Sitting out

Post by Kent Briggs »

You can use the No-Show Minutes setting to boot a player that didn't show up. But once they've played at least one hand they have the right to fold every hand until blinded out, which is essentially what sitting out does.
Supersonics

Re: Sitting out

Post by Supersonics »

I have a rule in my league where if you intentionally sit out for more than 10 minutes, you may be removed from the tournament and refunded your buy-in. In nearly 500 tournaments, I have only had to remove 2 people for intentionally sitting out. I warn them first and usually try to email/text them if they aren't responding in the table chat.

I wouldn't mind seeing a setting that would automatically remove players who are sitting out, even though it is technically in the rules to sit out, it goes against the spirit of the games I am putting together for my friends. And depending on the chip to blind ratio, it could take a really long time to blind that person out if say they completely lost connection and are unable to jump back in. It's really annoying when that happens and it would be helpful to have something that we can toggle with. If we did, I would probably set mine at 20 minutes then 'poof' you're gone/refunded.

~Supersonics