Ring Game Start Time

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
deltahedge

Ring Game Start Time

Post by deltahedge »

This has probably been requested before, but I didn't find it. It would be great if we could edit a start time for a ring game to specify a time when it goes from "paused" to "resume/live". If the table has a start time, you could randomize the dealer button on the first hand among the seated players so as to not require all players to post blinds or wait for blinds on the first hand.

Many players don't want to play heads up and pay blinds as the table starts to fill, even if this is for 5 minutes while they're waiting on more of their friends to join their scheduled poker night.
StevieG

Re: Ring Game Start Time

Post by StevieG »

You can pause the table as an Admin.

And the API allows you to send a Pause to a table as well.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The next update will add a Pause Code setting so that a trusted player with the code can pause/unpause a ring table directly from the client interface, similar to how tournaments can be started with a code.
deltahedge

Post by deltahedge »

Your updates in the 6.23 release are perfect! The minimum number of players for a ring game to start is exactly what I needed.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

deltahedge wrote:Your updates in the 6.23 release are perfect! The minimum number of players for a ring game to start is exactly what I needed.
Yeah, I changed my mind on the pause/unpause feature and went with the start minimum/code thing instead.