Surrender/Re-buy and Multiple Entries

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
michaelmlevin

Surrender/Re-buy and Multiple Entries

Post by michaelmlevin »

This is actually two items that are interconnected.

1). In re-buy tournaments where you have to be at 0 to re-buy, the ability to "surrender" your chips and do a re-buy. It doesn't need to specifically provide for surrender. If you asked to re-buy and were above the threshold, it presently gives you a message to that effect. The message could simply read something like "You are above the re-buy threshold. Do you want to surrender your chips and re-buy anyway?" It seems like it would be fairly straightforward, although I have no idea how the code threads and if it would be a big deal. My idea is that, other than surrendering your chips, the system would treat it like any other re-buy. If the tournament is limited to 1 re-buy, that would be it if you did it.

(I posted something about the following one a couple of months ago but never saw any reply):
2). In tournaments that provide for late registration, if a player is knocked out during the late registration period (and the tournament permits re-entry) it would be great to simply ignore the fact that a player had already been knocked out and simply allow them to start all over for a full buy in. I realize that the system will have logged that player as having finished in ## place, and the same player would be back in the mix again. I'm not sure what kind of havoc that wreaks with the software. Also, it will require a switch in the tournament configuration so that you don't force it on all tournaments. It could get fancier, with a number instead of a switch (0 meaning no re-entry and a positive number 0-999 specifying the maximum number of times a player can re-enter.

The above two wish list items are things people playing on my site are clamoring for (other than the constant clamor for a tournament clock). http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/posting ... e=post&f=9#

Thank you for the opportunity to be heard.
Calambros

Re: Surrender/Re-buy and Multiple Entries

Post by Calambros »

Like the surrender option. Stops the mad rush to go broke on "felted" only rebuys.