Different Starting Stacks for Tournament

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
nicofrank

Different Starting Stacks for Tournament

Post by nicofrank »

I'd like to be able to set bonus chip amount to the starting stack of each player in tournaments.

I manage a tournament league, which was played live until the lockdown. We play a 12 week season of tournaments, where each week's finish earns points. At the end of the season, the top 10 in points play a final table. Each player is given a starting stack based on there place in the standings (Eg: 1st place gets 10k chips, 2nd gets 9k,.... 10th gets 5k).

I've been trying to figure out a way to do this, but can't seem to come up with any viable options.
StevieG

Re: Different Starting Stacks for Tournament

Post by StevieG »

You could come close to this setup (but not exact) as follows.

1) Create the tournament with 1k chips starting stack
2) Allow up to 10 rebuys, with a rebuy period of a short period - a few minutes, say. Rebuy worth 1000,
3) Set the threshold for rebuys at 11k chips

Then edit everyone's account balance so that they have just enough for the number of rebuys you want to allow.

Issues:
Rebuys must be executed individually by each player, and they can only execute once per hand. So you would need up to N hands where N is the biggest stagger from first to whatever place has the base amount.
Your starting stack needs to be in the amount of the increment of your stagger.

It is a work around but it gets you a lot of what you want.
galnaveh

Post by galnaveh »

Tournament series is a must (Different Starting Stacks for Tournament) kent please give your thought about it
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

galnaveh wrote:(Different Starting Stacks for Tournament) kent please give your thought about it
Not a fan. It's an unnecessary complication.
yrog

Post by yrog »

+1 Would like this for our poker league.
jshark

Post by jshark »

Kent Briggs wrote:
galnaveh wrote:(Different Starting Stacks for Tournament) kent please give your thought about it
Not a fan. It's an unnecessary complication.
We run a league that accumulates points throughout the season and then starting stacks for the EOY "big" tourney are determined by these points. For a league such as ours this isn't unnecessary at all, it's vital. I hope you reconsider this stance.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »