Yet another wish list!

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
naked_eskimo

Re: Yet another wish list!

Post by naked_eskimo »

This may, or may not seem useful in your case, but what I did was purchase an SSL cert and then enabled remote admin. I then gave two of my regular players access to be able to stop/start games and do rebuys and stuff.

We only use this for a handful of friends that normally play in person, so I don't have any trust issues at all. This way if I am unavailable, or want to go to sleep earlier, they can do some functions without me rather than stop playing. I am working from home daily during the pandemic, so I tend to go to sleep before most other players.
cchervit

Post by cchervit »

One more feature to add for tourney setup...

Is there a way to prevent a user from rebuying in rapid succession for people who maintain excess balances on the site? If not, we'd love a way to cap the number of rebuys (max number of chips that one can rebuy) or say have a threshold in the amount of chips one must be under before allowing another rebuy.

Thanks much,
Chad
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cchervit wrote:or say have a threshold in the amount of chips one must be under before allowing another rebuy.
Yes, there is literally a tournament setting called "Rebuy threshold" made for that purpose.
vincegmail

Post by vincegmail »

Can someone please point me in the right direction to find someone who could create a payment gateway for me?
cchervit

Post by cchervit »

Kent Briggs wrote:
cchervit wrote:or say have a threshold in the amount of chips one must be under before allowing another rebuy.
Yes, there is literally a tournament setting called "Rebuy threshold" made for that purpose.
Thanks, Kent!

OMG. For some reason, I got in my head that the threshold setting was taking into account their overall chip balance on the site, not their tourney stack size balance. So, just to absolutely clarify...this threshold only applies to their current stack size in the tourney they're in. so, a setting of 0 means that they can only rebuy if they've been eliminated from the tourney even if they have 1200 chips in their site balance, correct?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cchervit wrote:So, just to absolutely clarify...this threshold only applies to their current stack size in the tourney they're in
Correct, it's common to set that equal to the Starting Chips so that players can double up before the first hand is dealt.
so, a setting of 0 means that they can only rebuy if they've been eliminated from the tourney even if they have 1200 chips in their site balance, correct?
Correct, the only thing relevant about their account balance is if they have enough to pay for the rebuy.
cchervit

Post by cchervit »

naked_eskimo wrote:This may, or may not seem useful in your case, but what I did was purchase an SSL cert and then enabled remote admin. I then gave two of my regular players access to be able to stop/start games and do rebuys and stuff.

We only use this for a handful of friends that normally play in person, so I don't have any trust issues at all. This way if I am unavailable, or want to go to sleep earlier, they can do some functions without me rather than stop playing. I am working from home daily during the pandemic, so I tend to go to sleep before most other players.
Thanks, Naked. It's a good idea if I had any trustworthy friends who play poker :lol:

I would still prefer to have built-in role-based access control for some kind of tourney/ring group admin vs site-admin.

Stay safe during this pandemic!
draker

Post by draker »

+1 to suggestion 9, a way to embed arbitrary video or voice chat into the HTML. We currently use Jitsi for video chat, which is web based, but for now our players have to keep another browser tab open just for the chat. Would be really cool if the game admin could define another "window" alongside the lobby and tables, that contains whatever HTML/JS content we want to put in it.