Starting Chips

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
[email protected]

Starting Chips

Post by [email protected] »

I would like the option to have your starting stack in tournaments higher than 25000. I know it's strictly human nature and structure could be changed but sometimes would be way easier just to start the tournament with 50000 chips.

Thanks
Bill
michaelmlevin

Re: Starting Chips

Post by michaelmlevin »

I would like to second this request. In light of the new features for penalties for late registration and bonus chips on a per player basis, it would be extremely desirable to bump the maximum starting chips, perhaps to 50,000???
jshark

Post by jshark »

I have to third this request.. it makes no sense to me why this is capped at all. It is a big issue for my end of year league play where we have bonus's that create stacks that easily eclipse 25,000.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

jshark wrote:it makes no sense to me why this is capped at all.
For multiple reasons. The tournament code uses 32-bit integer math in the 32-bit editions and the cap prevents an overflow possibility. Chips are represented graphically on the table as a stack of images that have to fit in an allotted space. Manually typed-in bets with large numbers creates mistakes. At the time, the main event at the WSOP started with 25K chips so that made a reasonable limit. Chips stacks only matter in how they are scaled against the blinds.