This may already exist...

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Demented

Re: This may already exist...

Post by Demented »

It already is set-up like that for ring games.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:It already is set-up like that for ring games.
In ring games you come and go as you please and take your stack with you so getting booted there is not an issue.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Kent Briggs wrote:
SVTF wrote: But lets say we have someone pre register for a tourney because they are going to be late for the start.
And the rule is that if they do not show up to play by 1.5 hours in that they will be removed from the table.
Will the unregister feature work ? Game is running and under the tourney tab you double click the tourney.
Could you then select the person that has not showed up and unregister him?
Does this also take his chips out of the price pool?
You would have to refund their buy-in and reduce the prize pool. That's why it's problematic with a non-freeroll tournament. It's a bait and switch on everyone else. None of the major online sites do this. Perhaps a better alternative would be to add a function that unregisters players if they haven't logged back in within a certain time of the tourney start and another option to allows for late registration. However, late registration is usually only allowed for very large tournaments (hundreds or thousands of players).

Kent so If I am not concerned with prize pool that mavens pays out to the winner ... will the unregister button work?

So I have a player that registers for the game but .. does not show up can I use the unregister button in the middle of the game to remove the player and the game will just remove the player and chips from the table and game will continue as normal?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote: So I have a player that registers for the game but .. does not show up can I use the unregister button in the middle of the game to remove the player and the game will just remove the player and chips from the table and game will continue as normal?
No, once you're seated, you're no longer in the waiting list and thus there's no one left to unregister. I'm still mulling over a "remove no-shows" function. I've got to implement a prize pool modification routine anyway because I plan to add a rebuy option for tournaments in the next update.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Kent Briggs wrote:
SVTF wrote: So I have a player that registers for the game but .. does not show up can I use the unregister button in the middle of the game to remove the player and the game will just remove the player and chips from the table and game will continue as normal?
No, once you're seated, you're no longer in the waiting list and thus there's no one left to unregister. I'm still mulling over a "remove no-shows" function. I've got to implement a prize pool modification routine anyway because I plan to add a rebuy option for tournaments in the next update.
Interesting cause once the game is running ... you can double click on the tourney under the tourney tab and it brings up a little window (leaderboard) and it has an unregister button there? I thought it also shows when the game is running.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote: Interesting cause once the game is running ... you can double click on the tourney under the tourney tab and it brings up a little window (leaderboard) and it has an unregister button there?
Yes, but to work that you have to first select a name in the waiting list. And that will be empty once the tourney starts.