waiting list - admin ability to manage

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Degen

Re: waiting list - admin ability to manage

Post by Degen »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Degen wrote:Unless there's an add player option from the admin side that I'm unaware of.
Only for tournaments (via Chips button) not for ring tables. You need to run more tables if your waiting lists are so full.
I bought the package as a way to bring live games online. My intention isn't to run as many tables as possible. Some players will want to play as many tables as possible and will try to jump in as soon as they can. This doesn't let new players (especially those who are slow around computers) a chance to actually get in the games before they are taken by these people. It's not a matter of not opening more tables.

There is live organization.

That's why being able to edit the waiting list is necessary. Reservations and controlling who can get in. Not trying to have multiple tables where it's the same players and the other players are boxed out.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Degen wrote:Some players will want to play as many tables as possible and will try to jump in as soon as they can.
Players generally don't have unlimited buy-in bankroll nor unlimited screen space to display tables.
It's not a matter of not opening more tables.
It is if they are all full.
That's why being able to edit the waiting list is necessary.
IMO, that's the wrong approach. A better method would be to limit how many tables a player could join. Granted, that's not currently a built-in feature but you could use the Permission system and maybe a little API coding to make it work.
Degen

Post by Degen »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Degen wrote:Some players will want to play as many tables as possible and will try to jump in as soon as they can.
Players generally don't have unlimited buy-in bankroll nor unlimited screen space to display tables.
It's not a matter of not opening more tables.
It is if they are all full.
That's why being able to edit the waiting list is necessary.
IMO, that's the wrong approach. A better method would be to limit how many tables a player could join. Granted, that's not currently a built-in feature but you could use the Permission system and maybe a little API coding to make it work.
"Play with friends and family located across town or across the globe in a social experience that can't be duplicated with other systems. Combined with a voice-over-internet program like Skype and it's almost like being together in person, except without the hassle of shuffling cards, counting out chips, or timing tournament levels!

Be the hero and start a poker club with work colleagues or with members of your hobby or sports organization. Link directly from your club web site, send email invitations with the built-in buddy system, or use the free directory listing located at www.PokerMavens.net to advertise your site."

^^ This is what is written on your site. I am not trying to run a public online game for everyone.

Players still have tables and bankroll to play at all the tables. That doesn't stop them from taking spots that should be reserved for other players (friends and family) in a private game.

I do not see how this is the wrong approach and it's a bit insulting you are straying away from what is officially written on your website while forcefully trying to tell me how to run the private poker club.

I appreciate the software and I more than appreciate the timeliness on your replies, but the tone and attitude of your replies are outrageous imo. You didn't even try to understand the problem and find a solution. You are quite literally telling me how to run a game with a one-sided view that runs opposite to what you used as selling points.

How is it a social experience that can't be duplicated with other systems if people who are less technically inclined are unable to get to tables before other players are? (with the only exception that you boot everyone until certain people get in).

You are under no obligation whatsoever to create the ability to manage a waitlist. This is a wish list and I respectfully asked if there was a way that it could be done. Instead I got arrogant short responses from you.

If it can't be done or you don't want to do it, then that's fine. But don't tell me what to do. Thank you.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Degen wrote:I do not see how this is the wrong approach and it's a bit insulting you are straying away from what is officially written on your website while forcefully trying to tell me how to run the private poker club.
I don't see what exactly has strayed. There were no promises of implementing any custom home game rules.
You didn't even try to understand the problem and find a solution.
I literally just did with the suggestion above of using the built-in permission system.
Degen

Post by Degen »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Degen wrote:I do not see how this is the wrong approach and it's a bit insulting you are straying away from what is officially written on your website while forcefully trying to tell me how to run the private poker club.
I don't see what exactly has strayed. There were no promises of implementing any custom home game rules.
You didn't even try to understand the problem and find a solution.
I literally just did with the suggestion above of using the built-in permission system.
I never said anything about promises of implementing any custom home game rules. If you read my posts above, you'd see that I am not holding you to anything.

What I am saying is that you shouldn't be denying claims solely based on how you think an online poker room should be run especially when your selling points for your product clearly define home games.

I do thank you however for suggesting the permission system. I will look into it.