Chip Leaderboard

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens

Chip Leaderboard

Postby cuervo5150 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Can you please consider adding in a leaderboard tab/screen inside the client to show who has the most chips. I know we have the ability to do it on our web sites via the API, but I am stuck because I use an iMac and iWeb to publish my site, and apple does not support php.

Thank you,

Cuervo5150
cuervo5150
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: California

Re: Chip Leaderboard

Postby Kent Briggs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 pm

cuervo5150 wrote:Can you please consider adding in a leaderboard tab/screen inside the client to show who has the most chips. I know we have the ability to do it on our web sites via the API, but I am stuck because I use an iMac and iWeb to publish my site, and apple does not support php.


Any server-side scripting system can be used, not just PHP. If your web host doesn't support any server-side scripting then you probably ought to find a new host because even the cheapest systems should do that. My main http://www.briggsoft.com site is hosted on a shared managed linux server at http://www.dewahost.com. They have plans as low as $9/month. It's unlikely I would put a leaderboard feature directly in the client.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Chip Leaderboard

Postby rjones33 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:21 pm

I have implemented a top 25 leader board and almost all of the other api examples using asp.net instead of php on my site. Stop by and check it out if you like @ http://www.pokersharkz.net. I can start you out in the right direction if you need some help.
rjones33
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Warrenville, SC

Re: Chip Leaderboard

Postby Kent Briggs » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:50 pm

rjones33 wrote:I have implemented a top 25 leader board and almost all of the other api examples using asp.net instead of php on my site. Stop by and check it out if you like @ http://www.pokersharkz.net. I can start you out in the right direction if you need some help.


I'd be surprised if he had asp.net support either if his web site is hosted on a Mac system.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Chip Leaderboard

Postby rjones33 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Kent Briggs wrote:I'd be surprised if he had asp.net support either if his web site is hosted on a Mac system.


You are probably right Kent, just thought I would throw that out there....
rjones33
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Warrenville, SC

Re: Chip Leaderboard

Postby cuervo5150 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Yep, I am really limited as to how I can submit my website on apple. I currently use iWeb, which is a easy wysiwyg program. Is there something along that lines for doing PHP with winXP?

Thanx,

Chris
http://www.5150poker.com
cuervo5150
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: California

Re: Chip Leaderboard

Postby Kent Briggs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:19 pm

cuervo5150 wrote:Yep, I am really limited as to how I can submit my website on apple. I currently use iWeb, which is a easy wysiwyg program. Is there something along that lines for doing PHP with winXP?


I just use a raw text editor and test my PHP code locally using EasyPHP (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=14045). A lot of people use Microsoft's FrontPage program for creating web sites. I've never tried it, though.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm


Return to Wish List

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests