Lobby/Client Design

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
cikez

Lobby/Client Design

Post by cikez »

Hello Kent,

I have been looking through the forum and only found 1 or 2 old posts regarding this so I figured I would ask again to get your updated response.

I absolutely love your software and the way that it works but I have 2 suggestions/questions.

1. Will you ever implement the ability to customize the look of the Client/Lobby? I know right now the only thing you can really do is change the colors of the background, chips, etc.. I would love to the have the ability to change the entire layout/graphics on the lobby.

2. I think it would be very helpful to have a feature for "Player Notes". This will allow other players to set "notes" on each other and only they can see their own notes for each player.

Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Lobby/Client Design

Post by Kent Briggs »

cikez wrote:1. Will you ever implement the ability to customize the look of the Client/Lobby? I know right now the only thing you can really do is change the colors of the background, chips, etc.. I would love to the have the ability to change the entire layout/graphics on the lobby.
Anything other than a simple cosmetic change requires changing the underlying code. So there would have to be a separate client/server API (which brings up a lot of security issues). And you would have to re-create the entire client on your own.
I think it would be very helpful to have a feature for "Player Notes".
That's on my long term list. Player notes couldn't be saved locally because browsers save local data in an area that changes in incognito mode, or if the site's URL changed, or if you changed browsers, or used different devices to login. So most likely they will need to be saved server-side and stored in an encrypted format.
cikez

Re: Lobby/Client Design

Post by cikez »

Thank you Kent for the responses.