Network Version

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
glbet

Network Version

Post by glbet »

Hi to the Poker Mavens community !

I think it would be great to network all Poker Mavens installation together to share the user base :D and thus creating a Poker Mavens Poker Network !

Bye
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Network Version

Post by Kent Briggs »

glbet wrote:I think it would be great to network all Poker Mavens installation together to share the user base :D and thus creating a Poker Mavens Poker Network !
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that but there already is an option to list your server at PokerMavens.net. But there will never be a centralized database of player accounts, for a variety of reasons including security, privacy, reliability, cost, and the fact that every site allocates their chips in a unique manner.
glbet

Post by glbet »

Kent Briggs wrote:
glbet wrote:I think it would be great to network all Poker Mavens installation together to share the user base :D and thus creating a Poker Mavens Poker Network !
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that but there already is an option to list your server at PokerMavens.net. But there will never be a centralized database of player accounts, for a variety of reasons including security, privacy, reliability, cost, and the fact that every site allocates their chips in a unique manner.
What I mean with poker network is the ability to play with players of different Poker mavens installations.

Let suppose we have 3 sites with installed Poker Mavens.

If on each site there is only one player logged in, he has to wait for a second player to log in and play on the same site.

If the 3 sites are networked together there is no need to wait for a second player to log in on the same site, because they share the players that are present at the moment for a total of 3 players !

It's the typical way that nowadays poker networks use to augment the player base.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

glbet wrote: What I mean with poker network is the ability to play with players of different Poker mavens installations.
That's logistically impossible because the user accounts and their chip balances would have to be centrally located. The value of a chip is different for every site.
It's the typical way that nowadays poker networks use to augment the player base.
What poker networks? Where is this done?
glbet

Post by glbet »

Sorry Kent, this is my fault.

I have checked out, and all the poker network I was speaking about use a central server and all game clients connect to it.

I was dreaming of a peer to peer approach of poker network :oops:
:lol: