Ring chip maximum

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
selene

Ring chip maximum

Post by selene »

Hey Kent, haven't been here or talked to you in quite a while! Things have been rather busy, but the client is still working nicely =)

We had a request to allow a ring buyin higher than what we can currently handle (10k chips). Is there any way we could get that limit raised? So right now the max chips I can specify as a buyin is 10k. 100k would be fine, any reasonable integer value would be better =)

Let me know. Everything else going smoothly?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Ring chip maximum

Post by Kent Briggs »

selene wrote:Hey Kent, haven't been here or talked to you in quite a while! Things have been rather busy, but the client is still working nicely =)
I see you're still running an old beta. You should upgrade to the latest.
We had a request to allow a ring buyin higher than what we can currently handle (10k chips). Is there any way we could get that limit raised? So right now the max chips I can specify as a buyin is 10k. 100k would be fine, any reasonable integer value would be better =)
Eventually I'm going re-do the chip system to handle bigger numbers and possibly fractions. The current limitation is constrained by the number of digits that can fit on the bet buttons, the graphical representation of the chip stacks, and 32-bit integers used for internal storage.
selene

Post by selene »

Okay, I figured it was something like that. Thanks Kent.

And we should be updating tomorrow. Finally getting out of one hellishly busy stretch of work =D
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

selene wrote: We had a request to allow a ring buyin higher than what we can currently handle (10k chips). Is there any way we could get that limit raised? So right now the max chips I can specify as a buyin is 10k. 100k would be fine, any reasonable integer value would be better =)
As of version 2.31, both ring games and tournaments have a maximum buy-in of 1 million chips.
selene

Post by selene »

Thanks sir =)