Disable options

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Vitao

Disable options

Post by Vitao »

I figure if you are creating a site things should be disablable... (is that a word??..lol)

If for instance, I turn off the option to update info, then it shouldnt show up in the dropdown menu... should also be able to disable the login from the actual flash since you allow to auto login now from querystring/form...

Also disable the "logout" message when exiting program.

Thanks again, very impressed :)
Vitao

Re: Disable options

Post by Vitao »

What about also disabling the port message... something jsut like "connecting" vs the port that is currently open...
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Vitao wrote:What about also disabling the port message... something jsut like "connecting" vs the port that is currently open...
I added that a while back for debugging purposes, especially when the admin failed to port forward the packet port through their router, it served as a reminder of what the problem was.
Vitao

Post by Vitao »

Kent Briggs wrote:I added that a while back for debugging purposes, especially when the admin failed to port forward the packet port through their router, it served as a reminder of what the problem was.
So is there a way to hash it out, and just connecting... and if it cant connect a message stating that there is no connection on that port...

Also what about custom avatar.... make a folder in the same place as the logs, or ability to overwrite them... so if there is a 1.png/jpg/gif in the "avatar" folder it shows that one?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Vitao wrote: So is there a way to hash it out, and just connecting... and if it cant connect a message stating that there is no connection on that port...
I could but why do you care? Hiding it will not improve security because if you view the page source in your browser, you can see where the number is passed to the flash client:

so.addVariable("PacketPort","8088");
Also what about custom avatar.... make a folder in the same place as the logs, or ability to overwrite them... so if there is a 1.png/jpg/gif in the "avatar" folder it shows that one?
That will probably be added down the road, in version 3.0. And even then probably only in the Gold edition.
Vitao

Post by Vitao »

is there a way to post to the page to enter a tournament/register for tournament/jump into sit and go?

also the mail server requires a Username/Password... but the mail server on the server (iis smtp) doesnt require one, usually you can just send out cause the port is blocked from the outside... possible to not have to have a username/password, and jsut send the email from the localhost or 127.0.0.1
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Vitao wrote:is there a way to post to the page to enter a tournament/register for tournament/jump into sit and go?
I'm sure what you're asking. You can post custom HTML around all 4 edges of the playing surface using the Ad features. There's also the Site News feature.
also the mail server requires a Username/Password... but the mail server on the server (iis smtp) doesnt require one, usually you can just send out cause the port is blocked from the outside... possible to not have to have a username/password, and jsut send the email from the localhost or 127.0.0.1
Ok, I'll put that on my list.