JSON/XML api responses

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
torba

JSON/XML api responses

Post by torba »

The current text response is horrific, why go through having to parse that plaintext response when most languages can interpret json/xml easily into an array?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: JSON/XML api responses

Post by Kent Briggs »

torba wrote:The current text response is horrific, why go through having to parse that plaintext response when most languages can interpret json/xml easily into an array?
I agree the current API protocol was a poor choice. XML would be even worse with all the duplicate open and close tags. JSON is the way to go. Version 4 will use JSON for the server to client protocol. It probably won't be until version 5 before I revamp the server and make the API in JSON format also.
torba

Re: JSON/XML api responses

Post by torba »

Kent Briggs wrote:
torba wrote:The current text response is horrific, why go through having to parse that plaintext response when most languages can interpret json/xml easily into an array?
I agree the current API protocol was a poor choice. XML would be even worse with all the duplicate open and close tags. JSON is the way to go. Version 4 will use JSON for the server to client protocol. It probably won't be until version 5 before I revamp the server and make the API in JSON format also.
Thank you :D