Changing message

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
DocterWho

Changing message

Post by DocterWho »

Hi would it be possible to add a option that we can
modify the message you recieve right after registration :

A validation code has been sent to: [email protected] .....

My server isn't sending out mails
my players get the code using another methode i created using the new API function
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Changing message

Post by Kent Briggs »

DocterWho wrote:Hi would it be possible to add a option that we can
modify the message you recieve right after registration :

A validation code has been sent to: [email protected] .....

My server isn't sending out mails
my players get the code using another methode i created using the new API function
You should set "Validate email addresses" to "No" if you're not using that function. Then they don't see that validation code message.
DocterWho

Post by DocterWho »

Yes but i'm using the validation code

people wil have to login to another website inside a game using a webbrowser
with the API function i can show the people what validation code is needed to
unlock the pokerroom this way i'm sure my player is an ingame player.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DocterWho wrote:Yes but i'm using the validation code

people wil have to login to another website inside a game using a webbrowser
with the API function i can show the people what validation code is needed to
unlock the pokerroom this way i'm sure my player is an ingame player.
Is everyone getting the same code? If so, why not just use the Site Password? And if not, there's no way to give a different message to each new player as there would be no place to store it, since the account has not been created yet. The sole purpose of the ValCode is to verify a valid email address was given. You may need to find another way to verify your players.
DocterWho

Post by DocterWho »

I just want to change the general message to for example :

"Please visit http://something using your ingamebrowser you wil recieve your activation code & some free chips"

- new player makes an account ( no mail is sent but validation code is created )

Now the player has to go into another game and in that game there's a ingame browser system
they login into a website i created using the API my php script wil read the activation code from
the pokerserver and shows it to the player on the ingame browser ( this way i'm sure the pokerplayer is
an actual player from the game i'm creating this service )

now the player can go to the normal browser again use the activation code to unlock there accounts
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DocterWho wrote:I just want to change the general message to for example :

"Please visit http://something using your ingamebrowser you wil recieve your activation code & some free chips"

- new player makes an account ( no mail is sent but validation code is created )
If email validation is turned on, then you will get errors logged if your SMTP parameters aren't set, because the system is going to attempt to send the validation code. So it's not just a matter of the message. There's little chance I'd change the functionality of that feature just to benefit one site. You can use the Site News feature to display that message, however. They'll see that on their first login. If you set their initial balance to 0 (with Allow negative = No) then they won't be able to play until your external activation code is set. Or just create the account with your external system through the API and do all your activation right there in one place.