Invisible Lobby option for Gold

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Erkan

Invisible Lobby option for Gold

Post by Erkan »

Is it possible to intergrate a option to make the lobby invissible?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Invisible Lobby option for Gold

Post by Kent Briggs »

Erkan wrote:Is it possible to intergrate a option to make the lobby invissible?
No, there are essential functions in the lobby window. Why would you want to do that?
Erkan

Post by Erkan »

I saw some people make there own lobby.
And thru that lobby they could represent and start a game.
So to not confuse players they could make the lobby invisible.

This would be a big advantage for devellopers to develope custum lobbies.
I think it would be verry cool and for you people would more consider to buy the gold version.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Erkan wrote:I saw some people make there own lobby.
Where did you see this?
Erkan

Post by Erkan »

Well I saw some site were you could start games from clicking on a button on the site.
Like;

the games name [PLAY NOW]

If you would press the button [PLAY NOW] the lobby and game would open in a different window and then you could sit down and join the table.
So I thought if this is possible then you could also make more possible.
Like make your own custom lobby in one window, with chat, account, balance, games etc.
The website(lobby) created would do all the interaction with the API of the PM server.
It would synchronize it self thru the API.

If you press the button to join a table, an other window or tab would open with the normal PM flash table with the lobby invissible in the background.
This one you could also intergrate with a chat at the left or right and put also the balance there if preferable.

But if think about it more clearly it would be a problem if you would play tournaments.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Erkan wrote:Well I saw some site were you could start games from clicking on a button on the site.
You can log players in from your own web interface and even automatically open some tables. But that's not a replacement for the lobby window which, as you know, has its own menu with many more functions and the ability to browse and open other tables, etc., all while floating in a background window. The current API only has admin functions and not user interface functions so making the lobby invisible would only be one of hundreds of things that would have to be added to make that work. Maybe one day but not any time soon.
Erkan

Post by Erkan »

You know I am not a programmer but sometimes maybe a dreamer :)
As some complain about the huge difference in price between pro and gold I thought maybe
to make it more atractive by making PM more custom so you can do things yourself.
Even if not all options would be available by making the lobby invissible it would be for developpers the challenge
to try making nice lobbies.
And if not everything would be available now they could ask you to implement some features to develop further.

I would see more flexible things even if you would dislike it because an option would be gone.
Me personaly want to see more options that I could disable or make invissible because it is unnecessary.
Like;

1. - number format (unnessary for me and make only my players confuse arrange it on the server or let me make it invissible)
2. - too many different sounds (unnessary I want all of them inviisible or disabled and leave only the volume)