Starting time in tournaments

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
loggableim

Starting time in tournaments

Post by loggableim »

Hi! I think its absolutely neccessary that tournaments show a starting time. Also the number of players like for example 03/30 makes people think that the tournament starts like a sit and go when there are all 30 are registered. Thats confusing! I think starting date / time is very important, because then players currently cant see when the tourney starts within lobby, only if you open tournament description...
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Starting time in tournaments

Post by Kent Briggs »

loggableim wrote:Hi! I think its absolutely neccessary that tournaments show a starting time. Also the number of players like for example 03/30 makes people think that the tournament starts like a sit and go when there are all 30 are registered. Thats confusing! I think starting date / time is very important, because then players currently cant see when the tourney starts within lobby, only if you open tournament description...
Tournaments can be started by multiple methods. A specific starting time is only one of those. But you don't have to open the info window to see a starting time. Just selecting it in the list will display the time just above the Info button.
loggableim

Post by loggableim »

I understand that there is the info tab, but showing that there are for example 11/100 players registered makes the impression to players that it is a sit and go starting once its full. I think it is much better to show starting time directly within lobby without the info text, its a crucial feature, currently i think its very confusing.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

loggableim wrote:I understand that there is the info tab, but showing that there are for example 11/100 players registered makes the impression to players that it is a sit and go starting once its full.
It just shows there is room for a 100 players max and so far 11 have signed up.
I think it is much better to show starting time directly within lobby without the info text, its a crucial feature, currently i think its very confusing.
Space is at a premium in the lobby window. If the tournament doesn't start at a specific time then there would be a wasted column. Sites that run only timed tournaments will often just put the time in their tournament name.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

loggableim wrote:Hi! I think its absolutely neccessary that tournaments show a starting time.
Check out the new 3.07 version. It addresses this issue.

http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtop ... f=7&t=1138