Omaha Hi/Lo

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
donatello

Omaha Hi/Lo

Post by donatello »

The Poker Mavens community loves you, Mr. Briggs.

It would be terrific if you could expand outside of Texas Holdem. IMO, Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo would be the perfect place to start. (I don't know anything about coding, but I would assume the Omaha games are a lot closer to Holdem than a Stud based game.) These are the two most popular games after Holdem, at least among internet people, with the Hi/Lo version being most popular.

The game is exciting and a lot of poker players love it! I think adding both Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo would round out Poker Mavens with a perfect variety.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Omaha Hi/Lo

Post by Kent Briggs »

Omaha will be coming to version 3 later this year. Porting the existing hold'em code should be relatively easy (at least for Omaha Hi). The biggest obstacle is squeezing 4 hole cards into the same space without breaking everyone's existing graphic design.
donatello

Post by donatello »

Great, that's awesome! Will you likely do Hi and Hi/Lo at the same time? (The only difference with Hi/Lo is you'll have to code it to read the low.. it's still the same betting structure and everything.) Both versions are popular, and Hi/Lo is my personal favorite, so I'd definitely like to see you add them both!

Thanks for your reply, good to hear!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

donatello wrote:Great, that's awesome! Will you likely do Hi and Hi/Lo at the same time?
I don't know yet. I will start with Hi and get the bugs worked out before adding Hi/Lo.
madcow

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,

will it be 64 bits or still going to be 32 bits?

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote: will it be 64 bits or still going to be 32 bits?
I'm still using Delphi 2009 which only makes Win32 apps.
TheMark

Post by TheMark »

Hi, I am kind of new to this. I am working on this for a friend actually. I just happened to stumble across this post and am thinking this "may" be our issue. We are running the back end on Windows Server 2008 Standard 64bit. Does this mean that Omaha will not work? It seems we can create the games but they do not list anywhere.

Thank you,
Wayne.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

TheMark wrote:We are running the back end on Windows Server 2008 Standard 64bit. Does this mean that Omaha will not work? It seems we can create the games but they do not list anywhere.
64-bit Windows runs 32-bit apps just fine. Omaha has no relation to that at all. By list, do you mean at http://www.pokermavens.net? Make sure you have "Directory listing" set to Yes and that the Status column on your games don't show "Offline".