Data needed for new rake stat utility

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Data needed for new rake stat utility

Post by Kent Briggs »

I'm putting the finishing touches on a free rake stat utility program that I will make available soon. Before doing so I would like to import a large number of hands so I can load test the underlying database. If you have a lot of ring game hand history files that I could use for internal testing, please contact me by email.

Also, if you have any suggestions on the reporting output you would like to see, you can chime in here. Note that rake per player will be calculated by evenly dividing the total rake per hand by the number of players who were dealt cards in the hand. This is how most commercial sites do it for rake back and frequent player point calculations.
TheMark

Re: Data needed for new rake stat utility

Post by TheMark »

Hi Kent,

we are actually nearly complete on our new poker site and the rake and rake back reporting is the one thing we want to have complete before we launch and the last thing for us to complete. i just logged in to see what others may have done with i saw this post you recently made.

our vision is we obviously have rakes but we also want to have incentives for some accounts who may be able to bring several people to the game. we are going to offer rake backs which will vary on the individual which would likely be a percentage of the rake collected for the players they have playing. we want to be able to put in a percentage and have it look at history and calculate based on the group of his referrals and show on a report. any ideas that you can come up for on this or other suggestions would be appreciated. i am thinking of how we would do this report now from scratch. if we can build this into the software or a utility that would be fantasic.

other ideas is to allow for filters that will determine the output. My suggestions are:
1. from date/time
2. to date/time
3. table
4. account
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Data needed for new rake stat utility

Post by Kent Briggs »

TheMark wrote: other ideas is to allow for filters that will determine the output. My suggestions are:
1. from date/time
2. to date/time
3. table
4. account
I've already posted my utility at the link below and it does make reports on the criteria you listed above.

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... s.htm#rake