How the rake system works?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
JohnMarston

How the rake system works?

Post by JohnMarston »

Hi there. Im new, and im interested on know how can i take Rake from the Full Ring games on my Poker Server.

I already look for answers in this forum ("search") and in the FAQ/Support Section, but Im not clear. I know that there are two settings according to 'Rake Configuration', RakeEvery and RakeMax. ¿But, how they work?

I mean:. Let's suppose that the Pot is 100$. And I want to take a rake of 5% from every pot. In this case, i want to take 5$ of rake. ¿How can i have to configure RakeEvery and RakeMax? ¿How can i determine a % to apply as rake to all pots of full ring games?

Thanks for your help!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: How the rake system works?

Post by Kent Briggs »

JohnMarston wrote: I know that there are two settings according to 'Rake Configuration', RakeEvery and RakeMax. ¿But, how they work?

I mean:. Let's suppose that the Pot is 100$. And I want to take a rake of 5% from every pot. In this case, i want to take 5$ of rake. ¿How can i have to configure RakeEvery and RakeMax? ¿How can i determine a % to apply as rake to all pots of full ring games?
There are three settings that affect rake: Rake, Rake Every, Rake Max. In the example you gave, you could set Rake = 5 and Rake Every = 100. That means that for every 100 chips scooped to the pot, 5 will be taken out for rake. You could also do a smaller increment like Rake = 1, Rake Every = 20 so that you still get a 5% effective rate but smaller pots will get raked. The Rake Max value allows you to set an upper limit per hand of how many chips can be raked. Once the max is reached, no more chips will be raked for that hand.
DownloadPoker

Post by DownloadPoker »

JohnMarston wrote:Hi there. Im new, and im interested on know how can i take Rake from the Full Ring games on my Poker Server.

I already look for answers in this forum ("search") and in the FAQ/Support Section, but Im not clear. I know that there are two settings according to 'Rake Configuration', RakeEvery and RakeMax. ¿But, how they work?

Thanks for your help!
It is very easy and clear. Here how it works:
Rake - this is the amount of rake - how much you want to take from pot
Rake Every - the every amount that the rake will be taken. For example, Rake is 1, and Rake every is 20 - it means that every 20 chips in the pot will be raked in the amount of 1 chip, so let's assume that there is 16 chips in the pot and some bets and pot becomes 24. 1 chips will be raked from the pot because you set to rake every 20 chips. And if there are another bets which sums up more than 40 it means that another 1 chips will be raked because pot is equal to 20 + 20 i.e. 1 rake + another 1 rake.

rake max: this is the maximum amount of chips to be taken from the pot. Considering the example above if you set for example rake max to 5 it means that up to 100 chips it will be raked (and for every 20 chips it will be raked 5 chips) and after 100 it will not be raked. So the pot can be 500 or 5000 only max. of 5 chips will be taken and it will be taken from the first 100 chips (100 divided by 20 makes 5 times and 5 times 1 equal to 5 chips.)

It is really easy, just let me know if you have any other question.
JohnMarston

Post by JohnMarston »

And, if i want to Take Rake from a 5$ Pot? What is the value that i've to put on 'Rake'? 0.5? Is this possible?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

JohnMarston wrote:And, if i want to Take Rake from a 5$ Pot? What is the value that i've to put on 'Rake'? 0.5? Is this possible?
The internal currency is chips, not dollars. There are no fractions so you can't rake out less than 1 chip at a time. If you want a certain number of chips to equal a certain number of dollars (or euros, or rubles, or whatever), you need to scale your system accordingly.
JohnMarston

Post by JohnMarston »

And, can i put 'Rake=1' and 'RakeEvery=5', to collect 1 chip of Rake for Every time that were 5 chips at the pot?
ddominguez

Post by ddominguez »

I think the better ways is to use the following conversion 1$ = 1000 chips, them to take rake from 5$ (5000 chip) to define rake: 1 coin rake every: 20chips, then the 5% of 5000 is 250 chips, or something like that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

JohnMarston wrote:And, can i put 'Rake=1' and 'RakeEvery=5', to collect 1 chip of Rake for Every time that were 5 chips at the pot?
You could but that would be a huge 20% rake. It would be better to do something like what ddominguez suggested.