Problems with WEB Site CMS changibg codes

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
fstetson

Problems with WEB Site CMS changibg codes

Post by fstetson »

I have been struggling along with trying to make a private pkor room for my friends and family.....I have the link to the game server up and running, and now trying to add-on a few extras like a chip leader board and system stats...let;s discuss the simple one first: systems stats

I have created the Poker_API file and posted it in the wwwroot...

I then use a HTML Module to install the original code from your examples....as seen here

<html>
<body>
<?php
include "API.php"; // $pw and $url set in this file
$params = "Password=" . $pw . "&Command=SystemStats";
$api = Poker_API($url,$params,true);
echo "<h3>Poker Server Status</h3>\r\n";
if ($api["Result"] == "Error") die("Error: " . $api["Error"]);
echo "Logins: " . $api["Logins"] . "<br/>\r\n";
echo "Filled Seats: " . $api["FilledSeats"] . "<br/>\r\n";
echo "Occupied Tables: " . $api["OccupiedTables"] . "<br/>\r\n";
echo "Up Time: " . $api["UpTime"] . "<br/>\r\n";
?>
</body>
</html>

I update the module and nothig happens, and when I go back into the html module, I can see the following changes....WHY?

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<!--p
include "API.php"; // $pw and $url set in this file
$params = "Password=" . $pw . "&Command=SystemStats";
$api = Poker_API($url,$params,true);
echo "<h3>Poker Server Status</h3>\r\n";
if ($api["Result"] == "Error") die("Error: " . $api["Error"]);
echo "Logins: " . $api["Logins"] . "<br/>\r\n";
echo "Filled Seats: " . $api["FilledSeats"] . "<br/>\r\n";
echo "Occupied Tables: " . $api["OccupiedTables"] . "<br/>\r\n";
echo "Up Time: " . $api["UpTime"] . "<br/>\r\n";
-->
</body>
</html>
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Problems with WEB Site CMS changibg codes

Post by Kent Briggs »

It looks like whatever editor you are using commented out all of your code and removed the php tags. I have no idea why but it's likely some function of your content management system. Could be a security feature to prevent code insertion into your site. Check your CMS docs and see if there is some setting you need to turn on first.
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

I will, thanks and lets hope it something that simple.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

fstetson wrote:I will, thanks and lets hope it something that simple.
I'd suggest creating a standalone php file on your site (outside of your cms system) just to see if that works. Start with something simple like:

<?php
echo "hello world";
?>
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

I tried that based on another posting I read, and it did work. I have requested our host verify the port restrictions. I am at a loss here, because I have looked extensively at POKERSHARKZ web site and like his layout and approach. I do not need to be as extensive as he is, where I intend this only for a small group. BTW, I am using the same poker server he is (Poker Mavens), he has DNN and is able to show leaderboards, new acct setups and so on......Please help me PokerSharkz...... :geek:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

fstetson wrote:I tried that based on another posting I read, and it did work.
So it's almost certainly an issue with your CMS system then. Which one are you using? See if they have their own support forum and ask in there how to insert your own custom php code.
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

I am using DotNetNuke, and about ready to give up and go back MS ExpressionWeb 2. I will continue to seek support from DNN, thanks...and I do love your PM Pro....
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

I have managed to gain sime success in that I am using Iframe modules, versus html modules to call the PHP scripts. In particulkar I have the New User Acct working (sort of), as it now passes the data and returns the following text: "Account successfully created for Tester2". I did this twice for tester1 and tester2, however, the account do not show up on my server administration panel, and when trying to log in as tester1, I get an "Unknown Player" response. Where could they have gone?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

fstetson wrote:however, the account do not show up on my server administration panel
Check your event logs and see what it shows at the time you did this.
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

Nothing is showing in the event logs ether. I have also noticed the serverstats script is saying "connection failed", and I believe I have the correct connection strings. I'll upload the scripts in a word document for your perusal. I can change passwords afterwards. There are two IP adddresses in the PM Server, one for internet IP, and the other is the game server IP, which I can connect to and play. From everything I have read I should be using the game server IP, and is as listed in the scripts. Should I be using the other one (76.126.36.197) with the 8087 port for these actions?