Problems with WEB Site CMS changibg codes

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
fstetson

Re: Problems with WEB Site CMS changibg codes

Post by fstetson »

Eureka, we are sort of working. The sysstats file is displaying server status. I'll try a couple of the other scripts and let you know. Thanks a million....
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

Well, it appears to be finally working. I am noticing a very long delay in loading PM Avatars...all I do have is the attached file, is that what I need to refer to?
Attachments
pmavatars.png
pmavatars.png (62.38 KiB) Viewed 8883 times
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

Evrything but the new acct file is working, and that is because it is loading the entire avatar file for each selection....no less no idividual files for each index.

This is great progress, your help is immmeasurable, as I have been fristrated by this for iver a week now.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

fstetson wrote:Well, it appears to be finally working. I am noticing a very long delay in loading PM Avatars...all I do have is the attached file, is that what I need to refer to?
How fast is your uplink speed on your local internet connection? That will be the weak link in the system if you are going to host the poker server on your own computer.
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

I am running a fairly decent uplink speed, not exactly sure of the stats, but will check. I noticed there is a blurb in the help file about saving avatars as files, such as; avatar01.png, avatar02.png.....etc, and that they need to be 48x48px.....should I be creating an individual file for each avatar?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

fstetson wrote:I am running a fairly decent uplink speed, not exactly sure of the stats, but will check.
Here's what it looks like on my demo site, which is a VPS hosted by 1and1.com:

http://www.briggsoft.com/temp/NewAcct.php

It took about 10 seconds to load all 64 avatars into the list for me. But to speed that up, you could just display that composite image and change the drop list to just show raw numbers and let the user pick that way.

You can check your uplink/downlink speed here: http://www.speedtest.net
I noticed there is a blurb in the help file about saving avatars as files, such as; avatar01.png, avatar02.png.....etc, and that they need to be 48x48px.....should I be creating an individual file for each avatar?
That's only if you want to replace the built-in avatars with your own set.
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

We got it....THANKS!!!
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Glad to hear you got it working Fred. I'm using DNN, but I'm not using any php code. I am writing custom modules for DNN using VB.NET.
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

The secret was using IFrame, and uploading php to the root file manager for the portal. I woud love to see what you are doing with your custom work....respectfully, of course.
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

Kent Briggs wrote:
fstetson wrote:I am running a fairly decent uplink speed, not exactly sure of the stats, but will check.
Here's what it looks like on my demo site, which is a VPS hosted by 1and1.com:

http://www.briggsoft.com/temp/NewAcct.php

It took about 10 seconds to load all 64 avatars into the list for me. But to speed that up, you could just display that composite image and change the drop list to just show raw numbers and let the user pick that way.

You can check your uplink/downlink speed here: http://www.speedtest.net
I noticed there is a blurb in the help file about saving avatars as files, such as; avatar01.png, avatar02.png.....etc, and that they need to be 48x48px.....should I be creating an individual file for each avatar?
That's only if you want to replace the built-in avatars with your own set.

What file naming protocol are you using for your individual avatars? I am using avatarxx.gif Our source files are literally identical, so it has to be how it is displaying the content, and I also tried swf format with same results (either a red X, or a swf icon)