how may i transfer my accounts to an other PMserver?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
jix

how may i transfer my accounts to an other PMserver?

Post by jix »

i ld like to transfer my accounts from one server to another servver that has already accounts on it.
I ve tried to copy the accounts from the accounts folder in appsdata/pmavens but it s still giving me unknown player for the copied accounts.
Is there any thing i should do?

Sorry Mr Briggs but I really need an answer the soonest possible because i ve stop the program and i need to put it back online with the merged accounts from the two servers.
Thank you,
Best regards.
Jihad S.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: how may i transfer my accounts to an other PMserver?

Post by Kent Briggs »

jix wrote:i ld like to transfer my accounts from one server to another servver that has already accounts on it.
I ve tried to copy the accounts from the accounts folder in appsdata/pmavens but it s still giving me unknown player for the copied accounts.
Is there any thing i should do?
If the new server was running after the transfer, you must restart it to see the new files. Also make sure the "Data folder" setting in the Server Settings group is actually pointing to the right location, which could be different than the old one if your Windows user name is different or the version of Windows is different than the old one.