Downloadable Version Of Poker Mavens Client

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
DownloadPoker

Downloadable Version Of Poker Mavens Client

Post by DownloadPoker »

Hello All,

I would like to know if you are interested in downloadable version of the poker client. It is very comfortable to use and you do not need to open any browser to play poker, simply open the client and you are done!

you can do the following things with the client:

1. You can open cashier and see your balance details, do cashout if there is a such feature in your network
2. You can login and log out directly from your poker client
3. Change account details like email and password.
4. Request Hand History, tourney results and search for a player and etc.
5. There is a help menu in the client as well.

Here are some screenshots from software:

1. Login Form

2. Poker Main Client

3. Cashier Form and Hand History Form

and hand history...

considering security issues, I decided not to publish setup here - it will be reworked and then published.

Kent, Thanks a lot!

I will try it by myself then I will let put it here.
Last edited by DownloadPoker on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Downloadable Version Of Poker Mavens Client

Post by Kent Briggs »

Are you using any API functions from your client wrapper app directly to the poker server? If so then the player could install a packet sniffer on their own machine and pull the API password from the outgoing packets. That would be very bad and would compromise your entire site.
DownloadPoker

Post by DownloadPoker »

Kent Briggs wrote:Are you using any API functions from your client wrapper app directly to the poker server? If so then the player could install a packet sniffer on their own machine and pull the API password from the outgoing packets. That would be very bad and would compromise your entire site.

Good Idea,

I made some changes to my initial post.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

You would be better off designing a web interface with server-side scripting (i.e. PHP, etc.) so that the API communication is web server to poker server and thus not susceptible to packet sniffing from the player.
DownloadPoker

Post by DownloadPoker »

Kent Briggs wrote: I got you just now. I do not use any kind of api functions directly from client web browser, but I use them inside the program, I mean everything is done through a module in the program - the client web browser is only used to load the swf file, all other commands in the program is done through program a module inside the application. did I get you right in this time?
The same problem exists if that module is running on the player's computer and it stores or transmits the API password. It's not an issue with the Flash client but with the extra functions you showed like getting the the hand history. How is your program doing that?
DownloadPoker

Post by DownloadPoker »

DownloadPoker wrote: It is a module that keeps functions inside and implements when you send command to them, just like your PHP samples published on the site.
Except that the PHP code is executed on the server, not on the client end like your program.
When form loading it sends commands to PokerAPI function to receive hand histories
Yeah, that's not secure. As mentioned, all the player has to do is install a packer sniffer on their PC and watch he API password go out in the packets. Or they run it under a debugger and pull it out of the executable.
But it is running on clients computer. What do you think the best way could be?
There is no way, unless you also created a server app that runs on the admin's computer for all the API communication.
DownloadPoker

Post by DownloadPoker »

Good Advice,

I will consider them all.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

i can program it to, working on a full API & Mysql backup!

just send me a PM if anyone is interested.
or want some screens from my early work.

gr
richard015ar

Post by richard015ar »

Kent, En conclusión: Es el sistema de Danielle inseguro?
Me parece muy interesante el PM descargable.
Quisiera ver una demo de eso: [email protected]
DownloadPoker

Post by DownloadPoker »

Debe haber un demo, entonces es posible decir si es seguro o no