Tournament set up

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Army-Dave

Tournament set up

Post by Army-Dave »

I am setting up a tournament and I would like to know the effects of some of the fields: Private, Recur minutes, Multiply bonus, Turn clock, Time bank, Level duration, Rebuy levels,
Break time, Break levels. Essentially I would like the definition associated with each field. Thanks, David
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Tournament set up

Post by Kent Briggs »

Army-Dave wrote:I am setting up a tournament and I would like to know the effects of some of the fields: Private, Recur minutes, Multiply bonus, Turn clock, Time bank, Level duration, Rebuy levels,
Break time, Break levels. Essentially I would like the definition associated with each field. Thanks, David
When you click on each field, a brief description of the setting is displayed in the help box at the bottom. They are also described in the help file under Server Interface | Tournaments:

Private - If a password is set for the tournament, select Yes to make it completely private or select No to allow observers to watch. This setting is ignored if no password is specified.

Recur minutes - Set the number of minutes (0 to 999999) to add to the Start Time for an auto-recurring tournament (if start time is not disabled). For reference, there are 1440 minutes in a day and 10080 minutes in a week. Enter -1 to take the tournament offline after it runs once. This works even if the start time is disabled.

Multiply bonus - Set to Yes to multiply the prize bonus by the number of entrants. Otherwise the prize bonus will be applied as-is.

Turn clock - This is the number of seconds that the player has to act on each turn. The default value is 30.

Time bank - This is a reserve of time (seconds) available to each player on request. This value does not reset as long as the player remains in the tournament. A "Request Time" button is displayed when the player's regular turn clock is about to expire.

Level duration - This is the length of each blinds level, expressed in either minutes or number of hands. The default value is 10.

Rebuy levels - Set the number of levels (up to 1000) in the rebuy period. Use 0 for a standard freezeout (non-rebuy) tournament. During the rebuy period, players can select the "Add more chips" command from the Options menu in the client to request a rebuy any time their chip stack is at or below the starting chip amount. Players can double their stack before the first hand is dealt. The amount of chips added is the same as the starting chip count and the amount deducted from their account is the same as the buy-in. However, they are not charged an entry fee again and thus 100% of the rebuy goes directly into the prize pool. If a player loses all of their chips during the rebuy period, they are automatically presented with "Leave" and "Rebuy" buttons to stay in the tournament. The amount of time they have to select Rebuy is equal to a normal turn. Otherwise, they are removed from the tournament. If the rebuy period is still in effect when the first player leaves in a money position, the rebuy period is terminated immediately since the prize pool can no longer be modified at that point. The payout schedule is updated immediately after each rebuy and can be seen in the tournament's General Info panel in the player client.

Break time - Select the number of minutes for each rest break, up to 60. Set to 0 to disable. You must also set the Break Levels value to use this feature.

Break levels - Select the number of levels (up to 1000) that are in between each rest break. Set to 0 to disable. The length of each rest break is determined by the Break Time value.