keeping players registered

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Mr.Victor

keeping players registered

Post by Mr.Victor »

Whenever the game server gets shutdown or my dedi gets rebooted or crashes or whatever, all players registered for tournaments get unregistered. Is there anyway that it can remember what players are registered for what tournaments? This would be fantastic as players often think they are registered (because they were) and then realize they aren't (for a reason not clear to them) when it's too late a a tournament has started without them.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: keeping players registered

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:Whenever the game server gets shutdown or my dedi gets rebooted or crashes or whatever, all players registered for tournaments get unregistered. Is there anyway that it can remember what players are registered for what tournaments? This would be fantastic as players often think they are registered (because they were) and then realize they aren't (for a reason not clear to them) when it's too late a a tournament has started without them.
Ricky Jones from http://www.pokersharkz.net wrote a utility that can read the crash file if a server goes down unexpectedly and re-register them. Search on his name for that thread.
rjones33

Re: keeping players registered

Post by rjones33 »

Just to add to what Kent said, my utility works great when you know you need to stop the server or reboot or whatever the situation might be, but you have to run the utility before your event takes place. It doesn't monitor the crash files constantly, so don't expect to use this utility for crash protection. With that said, Player Registration can definitely save you some time when used as it was intended to be used. You should find everything you need to know in the docs, if not, just ask :ugeek: