HTML Help

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
fstetson

HTML Help

Post by fstetson »

I have the pro-version and wanted to add some content such as; chip leader scoreboard and an events calendar. Our site was initially designed for myself and co-workers to get together while I am out on disability for cancer. It is quickly becoming so popular that we are thinking about forming an organization wide poker club. Has anyone else doen anything like this? I do not have a clue as to where to reside html content ot sizing restrictions.

WIsh I knew more, but my skills are a bit muddy with the drugs and all. :o
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: HTML Help

Post by Kent Briggs »

fstetson wrote:I have the pro-version and wanted to add some content such as; chip leader scoreboard and an events calendar. Our site was initially designed for myself and co-workers to get together while I am out on disability for cancer. It is quickly becoming so popular that we are thinking about forming an organization wide poker club. Has anyone else doen anything like this? I do not have a clue as to where to reside html content ot sizing restrictions.
Do you have a separate web site for displaying this info? Are you looking for automated content such as with PHP scripts calling the Poker Maven API or just static HTML that you will edit manually?
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

Kent Briggs wrote:
fstetson wrote:I have the pro-version and wanted to add some content such as; chip leader scoreboard and an events calendar. Our site was initially designed for myself and co-workers to get together while I am out on disability for cancer. It is quickly becoming so popular that we are thinking about forming an organization wide poker club. Has anyone else doen anything like this? I do not have a clue as to where to reside html content ot sizing restrictions.
Do you have a separate web site for displaying this info? Are you looking for automated content such as with PHP scripts calling the Poker Maven API or just static HTML that you will edit manually?

I am thinking a local web page with static pages I can either manually upate or use Crystal Reports to update.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

fstetson wrote:I am thinking a local web page with static pages I can either manually upate or use Crystal Reports to update.
Is your poker server installed on your home PC? What do you mean by local web page? Do you have a web server running somewhere? The poker server itself can display simple HTML content around all four edges of the game surface. Use the "Ad Settings" group on the System page to specify that HTML and the dimensions of those areas. The HTML for a simple chip leader table would look something like this:

Code: Select all

<table border='1' cellpadding='5'>
  <tr><th colspan='3'>Chip Leaders</th></tr>
  <tr><th>Rank</th><th>Player</th><th>Balance</th></tr>
  <tr><td>1</td><td>Player 1</td><td>Chips 1</td></tr>
  <tr><td>2</td><td>Player 2</td><td>Chips 2</td></tr>
  <tr><td>3</td><td>Player 3</td><td>Chips 3</td></tr>
  <tr><td>4</td><td>Player 4</td><td>Chips 4</td></tr>
  <tr><td>5</td><td>Player 5</td><td>Chips 5</td></tr>
</table>
fstetson

Post by fstetson »

Amazing, I just saw what you are refrring to. Another excellent feature......kudos once omre. Thank you.