poker room is down!

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Mr.Victor

poker room is down!

Post by Mr.Victor »

My players have gotten disconnected twice from the server and the page will not show up. They were in the middle of a tournament. I rebooted my VPS and set up the tournament again and all was fine but it happened again. This is what is happening: http://75.127.91.178:8087/?SitePassword=tpwm

I logged into my VPS and the server is up and running and the tournament is still running. I don't understand what is going on but I spoke to a friend and he said if the VPS is up and running just fine it's got to be some kind of bug with the porting in PM. I have no idea but I don't want to reboot the server again because people have been knocked out and there are different chip stacks and whatnot (The first time happened at the very beginning of the tournament so it wasn't a big deal). This is a real bummer. Please help.
Mr.Victor

Re: poker room is down!

Post by Mr.Victor »

some of the errors in the log:

TCPServerDisconnect error: Access violation at address 00415B46 in module 'PMServer.exe'. Read of address 00000024

and

Error updating pokermavens.net database

Hope that may help.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:This is what is happening: http://75.127.91.178:8087/?SitePassword=tpwm
I'm not able to connect to this address.
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Mr.Victor wrote:This is what is happening: http://75.127.91.178:8087/?SitePassword=tpwm
I'm not able to connect to this address.
Exactly! No one else is either but the VPS and game server are up and running.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:TCPServerDisconnect error: Access violation at address 00415B46 in module 'PMServer.exe'. Read of address 00000024
These particular "TCPServerDisconnect" errors get recorded when there's a disconnect after the player's session has already been terminated. They generally don't cause any harm, however.
Error updating pokermavens.net database
Hope that may help.
This one will happen when your server can't refresh it's listing at http://www.pokermavens.com. Either your internet connection was down or my site went down. My own demo server has not any problems tonight so my guess is that your server's internet connection may have dropped briefly.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote: Exactly! No one else is either but the VPS and game server are up and running.
Is anyone connected? If not, shut the poker server down completely and restart it.
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

Nobody can log on because the client won't connect to the server but there was a tournament in progress so I didn't want to reboot the server again hoping that people would eventually be able to reconnect but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:Nobody can log on because the client won't connect to the server but there was a tournament in progress so I didn't want to reboot the server again hoping that people would eventually be able to reconnect but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Generally people will leave if you're not back online right away so it's fairer to just cancel it and split the prizepool among any remaining players. Which will happen automatically on the reload if the "Crash recovery" option is enabled.

How many logins did you have at the time? You can email me your error log file, event log file, and any hand history files active at the time of the crash and I'll take a look.
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

Tried to stop the game server and it just froze with the stop button depressed. Forced a shutdown by ending task. Tried to restart the game server but it wouldn't start and I got a similar error that I didn't mention before...a pop-up window saying:

Socket Error # 10055
No buffer space available.

This happened last time and I rebooted the VPS and then everything seemed to be fine but then it dropped all the connections again. Does this give you any clues as to what is happening?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote: Socket Error # 10055
No buffer space available.
Make sure you're not out of disk space or RAM.