players chat

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics

players chat

Postby chahe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:29 pm

hi am a new administrator fr ur programme and im finding some difficulties in using it.. i would like to know if we can check a player's log and if there is a faster way fr balance increment or decrement by finding the player account name or something.. thanks in advance
chahe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: players chat

Postby Kent Briggs » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:11 pm

chahe wrote:hi am a new administrator fr ur programme and im finding some difficulties in using it.. i would like to know if we can check a player's log and if there is a faster way fr balance increment or decrement by finding the player account name or something.. thanks in advance


What do you mean by "player's log"? There are event logs saved in your data folder. These are chronological and site-wide, not per player. However you could use search tools or write your own parser to pull out all activity for a particular player.

For manual player searches in the Accounts tab in the Windows console, there is an incremental search feature built in the list. Just start typing in the player name and it will navigate to their record. You might have to click in the list first to make sure it has the keyboard focus.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: players chat

Postby chahe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:29 pm

hi kent
fr the player log i meant if we could see each players history 1 by 1 and fr the players name inthe account tab is there any folder we click on to serach fr the name and modify the players balance?
im sorry again fr bothering
:)
chahe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: players chat

Postby Kent Briggs » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:38 pm

chahe wrote:hi kent
fr the player log i meant if we could see each players history 1 by 1 and fr the players name inthe account tab is there any folder we click on to serach fr the name and modify the players balance?
im sorry again fr bothering
:)


The hand history files are saved by table (1 file per table per day) in the data folder so you would have to parse through them to pull out data for any particular player. The remote admin interface does have a player search button built in. For the local Windows interface, just start typing the first few letters of a name to find it, as I mentioned earlier.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: players chat

Postby chahe » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:57 am

sorry fr botherin but i cant find the data folder in the accounts tab
chahe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: players chat

Postby chahe » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:30 am

ok ok i know how to do it now. ty
chahe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: players chat

Postby chahe » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:49 am

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WUTS THE PROFITI CAN GET FROM A TOURNAMENT CAUSE I CANT SEE ANY RAKE OR SOMETHING....
chahe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: players chat

Postby Kent Briggs » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:24 am

chahe wrote:I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WUTS THE PROFITI CAN GET FROM A TOURNAMENT CAUSE I CANT SEE ANY RAKE OR SOMETHING....


"Entry fee" is the setting in tournaments that the house keeps. It's added to the Buy-in to determine the total registration cost for a player. For example, if you set the "Buy-in" to 1000 and the "Entry fee" to 100, the tournament will be listed as "1000+100" in the flash client and it will cost the player 1100 chips to register. 1000 of that goes into the prize pool and the house (you) keeps 100. That 100 goes into a special tournament entry fee account that you can view by selecting Chips | Rake Accounts on the Accounts tab in the server console.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: players chat

Postby chahe » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:15 am

hi kevin
i would like to know if theres a program we can add in our club just to increase or decrase the players balance where the employye cannot see anything else or set the rake balance ...im asking this just for security reasons...cause u know we have employyes there and im putting the server outside the shop...
chahe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: players chat

Postby Kent Briggs » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 am

chahe wrote:i would like to know if theres a program we can add in our club just to increase or decrase the players balance where the employye cannot see anything else or set the rake balance ...im asking this just for security reasons...cause u know we have employyes there and im putting the server outside the shop...


Poker Mavens contains an application programming interface (API) that allows you (or a programmer you hire) to create your own remote administration interface that only includes the functions you want. Player balances can be adjusted with the AccountsDecBalance, AccountsIncBalance, and AccountsEdit API commands.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Next

Return to Site Administration

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron