Programmers for hire

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
coyote

Re: Programmers for hire

Post by coyote »

Hi
Sorry for my bad English
I want a developer to work
1st / include the possibility of setting up a custom avatar upload form on my server.

2nd an apis for the moderator to banishment with Selection login ip for moderators pc without having to enter their ip on the admin.

Contact me on webmaster AT le-coyote. com

thank
social

Post by social »

I am looking for integration customizations with a php/mysql "community" script.
social

Re: Help with everything

Post by social »

Hi: I want very much to buy the Gold version, but I cannot even get the trial version installed.

I am kind of stupid and not web-savvy, but I have been able to learn my way around my Linus VPS and cpanel.

I have gotten myself a 1and1.com VPS, but I cannot make any sense out of the startup instructions offered in their manual.
And I have no idea how to use Plesk, and when I am supposed to use Plesk vs. when do I use Virtuozzo...
I could not even get the remote access to work so that I could install the free trial.
I want Poker Mavens to be a feature module in my social networking script.

Will I be able to install it in a *folder* in the home directory for my SN script? Should I? How does it work best?

I cannot seem to find anybody to help me intall and customize this, even though I am offering to pay money.

What I would like to do is to use screen sharing software for someone to walk me through everything I need to do in order to get started.
I am willing to pay an hourly rate for your time to do this. Name it.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Help with everything

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote: I have gotten myself a 1and1.com VPS, but I cannot make any sense out of the startup instructions offered in their manual.
And I have no idea how to use Plesk, and when I am supposed to use Plesk vs. when do I use Virtuozzo...
You don't need Plesk or Vistuozzo. With a Windows VPS all you need to do is run Remote Desktop Connection on your local Windows computer (should already be installed there) and enter your VPS IP address and admin password that you got from 1and1. RDC displays the desktop of your VPS in a window on your local PC. There's an option in RDC to show your local drives when running Windows Explorer on the VPS so you can drag and drop files between the two.
social

Post by social »

Well, except that I want to install pokermavens as a module in another script.
So, I have to install the other software in the domain I have chosen, first.
So, that seems to require using Plesk in some way.

and I have no idea where to go from there, even if I can get there....which I can't.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:Well, except that I want to install pokermavens as a module in another script.
I don't know what you mean by "module in another script". The Poker Mavens server is a standalone Windows application.
social

Post by social »

Kent Briggs wrote:
social wrote:Well, except that I want to install pokermavens as a module in another script.
I don't know what you mean by "module in another script". The Poker Mavens server is a standalone Windows application.
I want it integrated with a social networking script, so that it is one of a number of games members can play.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:I want it integrated with a social networking script, so that it is one of a number of games members can play.
That's just a matter of linking to it (or embedding in an iframe tag) on a web page. Your other stuff doesn't even need to be on the same server.
social

Post by social »

Kent Briggs wrote:
social wrote:I want it integrated with a social networking script, so that it is one of a number of games members can play.
That's just a matter of linking to it (or embedding in an iframe tag) on a web page. Your other stuff doesn't even need to be on the same server.
I thought they would have to share a database in order for the names and avatars of the members to be the same, and for there to be a single login.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:I thought they would have to share a database in order for the names and avatars of the members to be the same, and for there to be a single login.
Poker Mavens has its own internal data structure and doesn't use a shared database. What you could do is maintain your own player database (located anywhere) and simply sync with the Poker Mavens server through the API on-the-fly as needed. The API is accessed through HTTP calls so your code could be running on a Linux server located somewhere else. Custom avatars, however, have to be located in the local file system so you would have to implement some kind of upload system yourself to place them on the same system as the poker server.