Ratholing + taking table offline

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Grim

Ratholing + taking table offline

Post by Grim »

We recently upgraded from lite to pro and intend to rake the cash game until it's paid off. Calculating this, it seems we'll have it covered in the middle of a poker night. So the idea is to turn off the rake at that point, meaning I have to take the table offline. We run max 100BB buy in but at the point there will be players with stacks over this. When I take it offline and put it back up online, how will that work with ratholing and max buy in? Ideally I want everyone back at the table with the same stacks as when I took it offline. As they can change seats during the game, I'm not too focused on the seating, but I'm worried that there's no history when I take the table offline.
Grim

Re: Ratholing + taking table offline

Post by Grim »

Did a quick test and it was as I feared - it's back to the default buy in range. It is quite the corner case though so I can't really blame the software (or the design).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Ratholing + taking table offline

Post by Kent Briggs »

Taking a table offline clears out all of its memory, including the internal rat-hole log. Ring tables are not designed to have their rake settings adjusted on the fly.