Why Can You Register For A Tournament That is Done?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
derhussl

Why Can You Register For A Tournament That is Done?

Post by derhussl »

So I am coming across this which is causing quite a bit of confusion

I am running a tournament that has a 45 min late registration however you can still register for the tournament after that time has elapsed as well that you can go to a tournament that is in a status of Completed/Resetting and register?

Is there a setting that I am missing or a way that I need to set up the tournament to make that not happen?

You would think people would not do this and pay a little bit of attention but they do not! lol

Especially the late registration one since they know that is there they are waiting to get in the tournament because they see it going so they register for it instead of the next one that will come up in a hour or two.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Why Can You Register For A Tournament That is Done?

Post by Kent Briggs »

They are registering in advance for the next occurrence of that tournament. But you can control or prevent that with the Registration Period setting:

Registration period - Set the number of minutes available for registration prior to the start time, up to 999999. A value of 0 represents an unlimited period and also must be 0 if the Start Time is set to 0000-00-00 00:00. A value of -1 prevents any registrations until the current running tournament has completed (unless a late registration period is still active).
derhussl

Post by derhussl »

So right now the tournament has the following settings

Registration Period 120
Late Registration 45

So those are both fine we want people to be able to register 2hrs before and come in late for 45min thereafter but here is where we are seeing the issue. After the registration period is over and the late registration period is over it still allows you to register which is what I am trying to stop. Is there another setting besides these two.

I actually wonder if the problem is the resetting minutes? We have that turned way up because these tournaments are for points so for example yesterday's tournament is still there showing as Completed/ Resetting. We did this to make it easy to pull those results versus having to go on to the server and pull the logs.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Please export your tournament settings to a file and email it to me.
derhussl

Post by derhussl »

Thanks, Kent file sent
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

You have "Recur minutes" set to 0 so your Start Time does not update automatically, which means your Registration Period won't apply to the next one. Assuming this is a weekly tournament you can set Recur Minutes to 10080. Or you can set Maximum Runs to 1. Either will prevent registrations while the tournament is running after the late reg period ends.
derhussl

Post by derhussl »

Thanks, Kent!

I figured it was a setting thing we did not get right.