Alternative audio files, how they work?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
deikalion

Alternative audio files, how they work?

Post by deikalion »

Hi Kent,

Can you please explain to me how does the Audio folder is working. It is saying - This is a local folder that holds your custom set of sound effect files. Leave blank to use the default setting. Include both .mp3 and .ogg format files to support all browsers. How to specify if I want to use an alternative theme once the user has logged in?

Thank you
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Alternative audio files, how they work?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Your custom audio files are loaded into memory when the server is put online so you cannot make changes while players are logged in.
deikalion

Post by deikalion »

Hi Kent,

You are saying that before I want to upload an audio file, I need to put a server offline? That's what I did!

Otherwise, can you please explain what steps I need to take if I want to have alternative sound when I am logging in to the poker server?

Also, is there any limit for the length of the audio file can be used for login theme? I want to use 17sec long audio file which is looped, playing continuously.

Thank you
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

No sound will be looped. The Login sound is off by default so each player has to manually enable that one from the Options -> Sound Effects menu in the client if they want it. Making a 17-second long sound every time someone logged in is a sure way to ensure no one ever turns that on.

From the help file:

Audio folder - This is a local folder that holds your custom set of sound effect files. Leave blank to use the default set. Include both .mp3 and .ogg format files to support all browsers using the following file names:

Beep.mp3 / Beep.ogg (sound effect for alerting a player when it is their turn to act)
Bet.mp3 / Bet.ogg (sound effect when a player makes or calls a bet)
Card.mp3 / Card.ogg (sound effect when a card is dealt from the deck)
Check.mp3 / Check.ogg (sound effect when a player checks their option to bet)
Pot.mp3 / Pot.ogg (sound effect when chips are moved toward or away from the pot)
Login.mp3 / Login.ogg (sound effect when another player logs into the site)

The default sound will be used if any of these files are not included. Note that the audio files are loaded into memory when the server is put online so any changes made after that will not be seen until the server is restarted.
deikalion

Post by deikalion »

Kent Briggs wrote:Making a 17-second long sound every time someone logged in is a sure way to ensure no one ever turns that on.
You are probably right :D

Thank you for your help anyway