How to setup my Server as a Tor Onion Service

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
tig618

How to setup my Server as a Tor Onion Service

Post by tig618 »

I have tested the Tor Browser and there are no issues logging into my server using Tor. So I was hoping that someone who has already done it can help provide some insight and/or success report setting up as an Onion Service OR...is it even possible @KentBriggs? I want my Server to be as disconnected as possible, off-the-grid to "spying eyes. My "site" is intentionally not setup for SEO, so I believe I should be good to go there (in a general sense) but I want to make it even more private and obfuscated.
My initial thought was to have all users sign in by default with a VPN but taking into consideration that some of my members are not "tech-savvy" I thought that it would be easier from the User/Client perspective to initiate Tor from the Server side and therefore make it that much simpler. If I need to OR should have everyone use a VPN anyway, that is possible but will just make it that much more difficult when on-boarding new users, so I don't want to go down that road yet unless I have to.

If someone who has experience with doing this kind of setup or HAS done it with Poker Mavens successfully and could help me out with making this happen, it would be awesome. Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: How to setup my Server as a Tor Onion Service

Post by Kent Briggs »

tig618 wrote:it even possible @KentBriggs?
I assume it would be if TOR supports websocket connections. But I don't have any experience with it on the server end.
tig618

Re: How to setup my Server as a Tor Onion Service

Post by tig618 »

ok, I will look into that. thanks