Problem wit SSL Cert Signing Request Creator

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
deikalion

Problem wit SSL Cert Signing Request Creator

Post by deikalion »

Hi,

as per http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm I have downloaded a 64-bit OpenSSL file and copied them into the Poker Mavens Gold folder. However, when I am running Cert Signing Request Creator it gives me this error. whats on the attached snap. I am running a poker server on the Windows Server 2016.

Can anyone advise?
ssl error.PNG
ssl error.PNG (107.08 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Problem wit SSL Cert Signing Request Creator

Post by Kent Briggs »

The Cert Signing Request Creator is a 32-bit app and already includes the 32-bit openssl files. The part about putting the openssl files into the program folder applies to after you get your cert back and are turning on SSL inside Poker Mavens. You're not at that point yet. Anyway, that batch file error you are seeing is likely related to the folder you copied the CSR utility in to. Create your own folder off the C: root (C:\MyCSR\ for example) and run it in there, not in a system folder.
deikalion

Post by deikalion »

Hi Kent,

I did everything as per the guide. Got my certificate from comodo also,

However, It doesn't work yet. I don't have SSL password to put in.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (35.95 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Also, it gives me this is an error. I presume its something to do with the password or the key file?

Or the reason could be is that I used my laptop to run Cert.exe and make key file. I presume it just doesn't match to a poker engine which is on Windows Server machine.

It still gives me error "can't open OpenSSL bat file" when working fine on my laptop.

Any help, any advice, please? I have not to hope to figure it out myself
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (20.02 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

My CSR utility does not encrypt the key file so the SSL Password field should be blank. Typically that error either means your key file isn't in the required PEM format or doesn't have the Windows CR/LF line terminators. You can zip up the files (key and cert files) that you received and email to me and I'll check the format.