Setting Up SSL & Domain

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
keganquimby

Setting Up SSL & Domain

Post by keganquimby »

i'm trying to get mavens to run on a custom domain. i've purchased an EC2 server from Amazon, as well as setup a cloudflare account. the domain is now being routed through the cloudflare account.

i'm not quite sure what i'm missing, but i'm getting a 522 error when visiting the site (when i go to the static ip with the port number, everything runs a-ok).

i've followed all the instructions here: http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtop ... f=8&t=2228. both crt files and the one key file is being referenced in mavens. what am i missing?

i don't quite understand how the poker mavens server is communicating with cloudflare. i feel like i'm just missing a simple setting somewhere, but i'm not quite sure what it could be, as i've combed over the server settings everywhere, multiple times.

any advice?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Setting Up SSL & Domain

Post by Kent Briggs »

Does your domain name work when SSL is turned off? When it's on, set the SSL option in your Cloudflare account to Full (Strict). Set your File Port to 443 and your Packet Port to one of these: 2053, 2083, 2087, 2096, 8443 in the Poker Mavens settings.
keganquimby

Post by keganquimby »

no the domain doesnt work when SSL is turned off. when i turn the SSL off, i use file port 80, and packet port 2052 (as opposed to 443, and and 2053).

i have the root A name pointing to the server IP, and the 'auto append port' setting turned to No. when i go to the server directly, with the port appended, everything runs fine.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

keganquimby wrote:no the domain doesnt work when SSL is turned off
Ok, you need to fix that first before attempting the SSL encryption options. If you can connect to your IP directly but not to your domain then there is something wrong with your DNS record or other setting at Cloudflare.
keganquimby

Post by keganquimby »

ah okay! got it running without SSL, just on port 80.

but now when i turn encryption on, i'm getting a 525 handshake failed.
keganquimby

Post by keganquimby »

oops. i just had SSL off in the settings, but now it works! thanks for the help!