Automatic table pause for Pots over X amount

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Degen

Automatic table pause for Pots over X amount

Post by Degen »

Is there a way to trigger and automatic table pause if the pot is over a certain amount?

I'm looking to use this for two features: One, an insurance option that can be discussed shortly before being resumed. And Two, an outside way to run-it-twice, if they agree, where the first board is just run out from the software and then the second one is run out through the shuffling card simulator (with backend balance adjustments later).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Automatic table pause for Pots over X amount

Post by Kent Briggs »

Degen wrote:Is there a way to trigger and automatic table pause if the pot is over a certain amount?
No.
Degen

Post by Degen »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Degen wrote:Is there a way to trigger and automatic table pause if the pot is over a certain amount?
No.
I know it's a long shot for this one, but it's not possible through an API callback event that reads the pot amount each time?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Degen wrote:I know it's a long shot for this one, but it's not possible through an API callback event that reads the pot amount each time?
No, there's just a Hand callback that is triggered by the end of the hand.
Degen

Post by Degen »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Degen wrote:I know it's a long shot for this one, but it's not possible through an API callback event that reads the pot amount each time?
No, there's just a Hand callback that is triggered by the end of the hand.
Ok. Thank you. I will search for alternative ways to do these then.
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

Degen wrote: Ok. Thank you. I will search for alternative ways to do these then.
Detecting the pot is not going to be possible, but you could give people the ability to pause the game when they elect to do so.

You could use the RingGamesPause API call with Now set to Yes (that pauses the table in the middle of the hand).

You could use a callback LobbyChat and have people put in a request to pause that way.

Logic should be somewhat sophisticated to avoid one player being able to do this anytime (for instance, you may want to persist state for the request and only actually pause once two players at the same table have asked for it).

But that approach could work.
Degen

Post by Degen »

StevieG wrote:
Degen wrote: Ok. Thank you. I will search for alternative ways to do these then.
Detecting the pot is not going to be possible, but you could give people the ability to pause the game when they elect to do so.

You could use the RingGamesPause API call with Now set to Yes (that pauses the table in the middle of the hand).

You could use a callback LobbyChat and have people put in a request to pause that way.

Logic should be somewhat sophisticated to avoid one player being able to do this anytime (for instance, you may want to persist state for the request and only actually pause once two players at the same table have asked for it).

But that approach could work.
THANK YOU!

This is very helpful.

From what I'm reading, if I get my programmer to set it up, I can have a player chat PAUSE and that will initiate a table pause, at which point, the players can discuss a deal. A player can chat RESUME which will finish the rest of the hand from that point.

If this is true, I am a very happy customer!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Degen wrote:From what I'm reading, if I get my programmer to set it up, I can have a player chat PAUSE and that will initiate a table pause, at which point, the players can discuss a deal. A player can chat RESUME which will finish the rest of the hand from that point.
Note that this only works in the Lobby chat box, not the table chat boxes.
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

Degen wrote: From what I'm reading, if I get my programmer to set it up, I can have a player chat PAUSE and that will initiate a table pause, at which point, the players can discuss a deal. A player can chat RESUME which will finish the rest of the hand from that point.
Yes. I have done this to allow players to pause the table on their own if they do not want to play short handed and instead want to wait for 4-5 people to show.

Sounds like you have someone you work with, but if you need any consulting work on this, please reach out.
Kent Briggs wrote:Note that this only works in the Lobby chat box, not the table chat boxes.

Yes, important to remember they will need to use the lobby chat to do this. You may need to remind players they won't see the lobby chat if they are on the tab for ring games or the tab for tournaments.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

StevieG wrote:You may need to remind players they won't see the lobby chat if they are on the tab for ring games or the tab for tournaments.
But in desktop mode it can be popped out and moved around the screen.