Edit Landing Page

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Mudslide03

Edit Landing Page

Post by Mudslide03 »

Can I edit the landing page where people log in. The page that says
Welcome to **** Poker Room
This is a private server. Enter the site password to continue.

I would like to put info for the tourney and past winner info here.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Edit Landing Page

Post by Kent Briggs »

You can set "Enable custom language 1" to Yes in the Client Settings group on the System tab. Then on the Language tab, scroll down to the "Site Password Form" settings and make any changes you want in the Language 1 column.
Mudslide03

Post by Mudslide03 »

Can I put anything on all of the page space below the Site Password field or can I just edit the fields that are there?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mudslide03 wrote:Can I put anything on all of the page space below the Site Password field or can I just edit the fields that are there?
You can include html markup like <br> or <p> tags. But this is really not an ideal place for announcements. The "Site News" feature was made for that.
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

I would like to edit the page a little (center text and add a logo, etc), is that all done here or somewhere else?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bojik wrote:I would like to edit the page a little (center text and add a logo, etc), is that all done here or somewhere else?
It would have to be done on the Language tab as described above. Or just make a separate web site for a front end to your poker server where you would have full control of the interface.
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

Sorry, newbie question, it looks like if I enable Lang 1 the default language column goes inactive. Do I need to enter everything into the lang 1 column or does it default back to the default if nothing is entered into the Lang 1 column?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bojik wrote:Sorry, newbie question, it looks like if I enable Lang 1 the default language column goes inactive. Do I need to enter everything into the lang 1 column or does it default back to the default if nothing is entered into the Lang 1 column?
A blank field uses the Default column value so you only need input for fields you want changed.