Setting up a Callback event

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Bojik

Setting up a Callback event

Post by Bojik »

Is it possible to set up a callback event for when a user sits at a table and for when a user leaves a table? And have the callback include the user ID and table\seat they just sat at or left?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Setting up a Callback event

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bojik wrote:Is it possible to set up a callback event for when a user sits at a table and for when a user leaves a table? And have the callback include the user ID and table\seat they just sat at or left?
"Ring game join" and "Ring game leave" in the Callback Settings do exactly that. It doesn't include the seat number but you can call RingGamesPlaying in the API if you need it.
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

Will ring game callback work for tournament as well?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bojik wrote:Will ring game callback work for tournament as well?
Tournaments have their own set of callbacks. You can see all of these just by looking at the "Callback Events" group of settings on the System tab.
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

I see those but do not see one for tracking a player sitting at or leaving a table. I need the callback to return something like 'Player A, NLH tourney #x, table 3'. So I can track what table each player is at like the leave\join for ring games. And get updates as the tourney progress and players are moved from table to table.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bojik wrote:I see those but do not see one for tracking a player sitting at or leaving a table. I need the callback to return something like 'Player A, NLH tourney #x, table 3'. So I can track what table each player is at like the leave\join for ring games. And get updates as the tourney progress and players are moved from table to table.
A player will only get moved to another table for balancing after a knockout. So you could trigger on the knockout event and then call TournamentsPlaying to see where everyone is seated. The move won't be immediate, however. Might be better to track the Hand event instead.
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

Sending you a quick email.