Player disconnects: player side, or host side?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
georges

Re: Player disconnects: player side, or host side?

Post by georges »

Kent Briggs wrote:
georges wrote:the difference is each one of the server have it own players from different country.
Which country has the connection problems?
Lebanon, I have been doing poker website for many years now in Lebanon, this is the first time i'm facing this kind of problem.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

I'm with itnterserver as well
georges

Post by georges »

georges wrote:
Kent Briggs wrote:
georges wrote:the difference is each one of the server have it own players from different country.
Which country has the connection problems?
Lebanon, I have been doing poker website for many years now in Lebanon, this is the first time i'm facing this kind of problem.

also there are 3 other website in the area where i have my website and they are not facing the issue that im facing.

i dont know which version they are using.

so its not from the internet.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

My multi table tournament (17 people) went alright. One guy was disconnecting constantly, like every 90 seconds. Finally we convinced him to tether to his iphone (even though he was on his home wifi), and the problem went away for the rest of the tournament. I would say there were maybe 3 or 4 other disconnects throughout the night.

It must be on the client side as the issues, when they happened, only impacted a single user at a time. I ran a continuous ping back to my router at home and never dropped a single packet and had a decently low latency (30ms).

The only thing that leaves me a little skeptical is that I ran this off a virtual server in my basement for weeks with never a player disconnect, and then now they happened a few times. That and the fact that you are also with Interserver is making me wonder about my choice of vps provider. But they are super cheap ($20/month for two slices) and I don't want to spend much money on this. I am providing a social platform for fun with friends. I am not making a dime off of this.

I'm going to have to do more testing. Perhaps even run a few nights on the vps, then a few on my server and see what happens.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

georges wrote:Lebanon, I have been doing poker website for many years now in Lebanon, this is the first time i'm facing this kind of problem.
The internet hasn't been under this kind of strain in years past. It could just be a regional infrastructure issue. Are any of your Lebanese players using VPNs for their outgoing connections?
georges

Post by georges »

Kent Briggs wrote:
georges wrote:Lebanon, I have been doing poker website for many years now in Lebanon, this is the first time i'm facing this kind of problem.
The internet hasn't been under this kind of strain in years past. It could just be a regional infrastructure issue. Are any of your Lebanese players using VPNs for their outgoing connections?
no one is using vpn from my players, and when they play on other website that uses same software they dont face any problem regarding the disconnecting, it is frustrating i cant know what causing the problem. even when i watch the log live while people playing i can see the disconnecting and connecting happening.

i uninstall and installed the software like 10 times and nothing changed.

don't know what to do anymore :cry:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

georges wrote:no one is using vpn from my players, and when they play on other website that uses same software they dont face any problem regarding the disconnecting
The same people connecting to the same software with the same settings on the same server configuration on the save hosting service should all have the same experience. I can't think of any explanation of why that is not the case.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

georges wrote:
Kent Briggs wrote:
no one is using vpn from my players, and when they play on other website that uses same software they dont face any problem regarding the disconnecting, it is frustrating i cant know what causing the problem. even when i watch the log live while people playing i can see the disconnecting and connecting happening.

i uninstall and installed the software like 10 times and nothing changed.

don't know what to do anymore :cry:
Depending on your level of technical expertise, you could use Wireshark. This will definitely provide deep insight into what is happening on the network at the time. If you have little experience with computer networks, then don't bother trying to use it. Someone who understands network protocols and what to look for should be the person analyzing the capture.
georges

Post by georges »

Kent Briggs wrote:
georges wrote:no one is using vpn from my players, and when they play on other website that uses same software they dont face any problem regarding the disconnecting
The same people connecting to the same software with the same settings on the same server configuration on the save hosting service should all have the same experience. I can't think of any explanation of why that is not the case.
[img]C:\Users\Georges\Desktop[/img]

do you think the ports im using are causing the problem?
georges

Post by georges »

[img]C:\Users\Georges\Desktop/ports.png[/img]

do you think the ports im using are causing the problem?[/quote]