"Poker Mavens 6 already running" - How to Connect?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
jgehlsen

"Poker Mavens 6 already running" - How to Connect?

Post by jgehlsen »

Sorry for the newbie question...

I tried searching but the search engine keeps telling me I am using too many common words. I can't change the text of the message I am seeing so there isn't a lot I can do about it.

I have configured my server so when it starts, it automatically starts the Poker Mavens program. When I log in, when I double click on the icon, the program starts but then I get a dialog box that says "Poker Mavens 6 already running". When I click on the OK button, the program goes away.

So how do I connect to an already running instance of the program to administer it?

John
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: "Poker Mavens 6 already running" - How to Connect?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Most likely a previous copy had a stuck thread and didn't close completely. Right-click the Windows taskbar and launch the Task Manager. Locate PMServer.exe on the Processes tab and force close it.
jgehlsen

Post by jgehlsen »

Sorry, I don't think that is the case...

When I did the install I think it asked me if I wanted to configure the application to start when the server starts. I said yes.

When I start the server and log in, I can see the application running as a background task. How do I run the admin tool against an already running instance?

If I double click on the app, it does start but tells me the program is already running. When I click OK, it goes away.

I can kill the app in the task manager and restart it. That will work but kind of defeats the purpose of telling the app to automatically start if I have no way of administering it.

I am sure I am missing something here. How to you remotely administer an already running application?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

jgehlsen wrote:When I did the install I think it asked me if I wanted to configure the application to start when the server starts. I said yes.
When I start the server and log in, I can see the application running as a background task. How do I run the admin tool against an already running instance?
That means the program was started under a different Windows login than you are currently in. Log out and back in under that other Windows account.
jgehlsen

Post by jgehlsen »

That makes sense. I will give that a try.

Thanks.