Stats page on same server running PM

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
mikez

Stats page on same server running PM

Post by mikez »

PokerMavens is currently running with the following config:
- Atlantic hosting (Windows Server 2012)
- Cloudflare proxy, SSL enabled

I configured an IIS server on the same host as PM over port 80, with hopes of hosting our tournament results.
After registering a new domain for stats, I enabled the new domain with Cloudflare and updated the DNS, routing to the same Atlantic server.
Simply popping in the example API call for tournament within that site worked great, but browsers started throwing security errors like crazy when visiting the PM server--even throwing some websocket errors.

For now, I disabled the API and and stopped the http server and everything seems to be back to normal.

Is this is due to calling the API over HTTPS via a regular HTTP web server? Am I over-complicating this or is it easier just to host these stats pages externally?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Stats page on same server running PM

Post by Kent Briggs »

How exactly are you doing the DNS if both the poker server and your IIS web server have the same IP (but different ports)?
mikez

Post by mikez »

Kent Briggs wrote:How exactly are you doing the DNS if both the poker server and your IIS web server have the same IP (but different ports)?
They are two different domain names. In cloudflare, both have A records pointing to the same server IP.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

And which file port is Poker Mavens using? Is the API code running via PHP on the Atlantic web server or somewhere else?
mikez

Post by mikez »

Kent Briggs wrote:And which file port is Poker Mavens using? Is the API code running via PHP on the Atlantic web server or somewhere else?
PM running on 443, website on 80. API code is running from separate directly on same atlantic server--however it is referencing the API via it's domain name, I don't think referencing localhost:443 was working but I may have flubbed it.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I assume you have SSL mode set to Flexible on Cloudflare so that IIS will work on port 80. Is HTTPS set there to always use? This is a complicated mix of stuff going on here.
mikez

Post by mikez »

Kent Briggs wrote:I assume you have SSL mode set to Flexible on Cloudflare so that IIS will work on port 80. Is HTTPS set there to always use? This is a complicated mix of stuff going on here.
It's set to full for the PM server and None for the website.
HTTPS is set to always use for the PM server.

I agree, it's convoluted. Can that web folder within PM be used to host these types of pages?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mikez wrote:It's set to full for the PM server and None for the website. HTTPS is set to always use for the PM server.
So each domain name has a separate Cloudflare account? Email me your link if you want me to test it. I have every browser installed here.
Can that web folder within PM be used to host these types of pages?
You can serve static pages from there but it won't activate add-ins like PHP.
mikez

Post by mikez »

Kent Briggs wrote:
mikez wrote:So each domain name has a separate Cloudflare account? Email me your link if you want me to test it. I have every browser installed here.
I added another site to my existing Cloudflare account and now they are both managed on the same dashboard. Both are free tier with their own set of controls.
You can serve static pages from there but it won't activate add-ins like PHP.
So I could in theory just build them outside of that folder and publish there? Might be one solution.

Yes, would like to test out but the nightly tourney is going to kick off soon. Perhaps some time tomorrow.