Odd Request

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
bagadonitz

Odd Request

Post by bagadonitz »

My friends and I are using a Lite version to host a weekly tournament game. We manage the financials offline and just use the software to play the game. 15,000 chips to start, our blind schedule, and away with is. We play 2-3 of these games on our poker night. We have a point structure for finish position as well as bounties that we also track offline. $20 buy in, $90 to the winner, $30 to the year end points leader pot.

A couple of weeks ago while playing on a different server (same software) the server got kicked offline and we lost our game.

At that time 1 of us (yes me) had gotten knocked out, leaving 5 bodies, with a significant spread between the remaining 5. We were able to capture a screen shot and know the blind levels and the chip counts for the remaining 5 players.

Is there any mechanism built in that would allow me to either setup this game and manipulate the starting chips for each player to readjust to the point the game was ended?

If there is no way to start that off like that, I'm a developer and analyst by trade so I'm comfortable with config files and db files. Does the software have any mechanism where by it writes a backup file when a game is paused or something where I could start the game for them with an even chip count, pause it, manipulate some backup state of the game, then allow it to resume?

Just looking for a way to restore the state of the world for this one game so we can get it out of the way.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Odd Request

Post by Kent Briggs »

Unfortunately no, a crashed tournament is lost and cannot be restarted from its last point.
bagadonitz

Post by bagadonitz »

Is there any way to start a new tournament but before the first hand, readjust the chip counts between players. A distinction without a difference I guess but just want to be sure I have all the options. Is there any filesystem writes to a db or flat file during a tournament or is it all in memory only?

Thanks, love the software and making covid easier to bear!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

bagadonitz wrote:Is there any way to start a new tournament but before the first hand, readjust the chip counts between players. A distinction without a difference I guess but just want to be sure I have all the options. Is there any filesystem writes to a db or flat file during a tournament or is it all in memory only?
No adjustments can be made once the tournament has been put online. Each tournament maintains a "crash file" in the data folder while it is running. If Poker Mavens sees a crash file when it restarts, it will use it to divvy out the remaining prizepool evenly among the remaining players at the time of the crash. These credits will be recorded in the daily event log.
bagadonitz

Post by bagadonitz »

Understood. Since we are playing with 0 buy ins and don't mannage balances in the software, then there is nothing really that would do for this situation.

Thanks for the prompt response.