Callback Problems

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Tuck Fheman

Callback Problems

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I'm testing out how to use the callback system, it writes to a file when turning on "Save callbacks to file" without issue, but if I try to use the URL field nothing happens.

I've used the code found here http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/A ... m#callback and I've also tried a simplified version with no luck, the file callback.txt is never created. I know my simplified version works if I simply go to the URL itself, but when it's set in the URL field it will not run. I've tried it with Save callback to file on/off, I've tried with the Timer setting at 0 and various other settings of 5-60 and same thing, no file is created. I have most all events turned on as well. I've also tried it with and without a password. I've tried it using the local file folder instead. No matter what I've tried, no file is created.

Is there something I'm missing or something that could cause it not to work?

Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Callback Problems

Post by Kent Briggs »

Is there anything recorded in the Error Log? Any kind of problem with calling the URL should get recorded there.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also try it with http instead of https to see if the SSL could be an issue. You'll need the two OpenSSL DLL files in the program folder to make an https call.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Ok found the issue, and guess it's to do with Cloudflare and the SSL. I was only checking console logs before. I'll see what can be done.

Thanks!
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Got it fixed. Apparently 32bit dll's were in that folder, swapped to 64bit and worked immediately.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I'm using the "Tournament start event" for a Discord bot notification and the bot still fires off a message that the tournament has started even if the tournament cancels due to not having the minimum required to start.

Is there anyway around this? I don't see any options mentioned in the help (like on the "timer event") that could tell it that it was cancelled.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote:I'm using the "Tournament start event" for a Discord bot notification and the bot still fires off a message that the tournament has started even if the tournament cancels due to not having the minimum required to start.
Is there anyway around this? I don't see any options mentioned in the help (like on the "timer event") that could tell it that it was cancelled.
The Tournament Start Event callback should only fire if the tournament actually starts. The Tournament Cancel Event callback fires if the tournament did not have enough regs to start. Are you sure you don't have both of those enabled?
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:Are you sure you don't have both of those enabled?
Yes I have Tourney start, cancel, finish and timer all enabled, but one bot is only setup to fire off in the start area and another bot fires off in the timer area when registration opens.

Tourney cancel & finish are only writing to the log file.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Export your tournament settings and email me that file. I'll see if I can replicate the issue.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

My apologies and mistake Kent, all is fine.

We have a 9AM and a 9PM tourney named the same (outside the AM/PM) and just after 9AM I went into the channel the bot posts to and saw the message it left about the tourney starting (the AM failed to start) and my old eyes completely read it wrong or I assumed it was the AM due to it being the last one posted and what time it was when I saw it.

:oops: