Favicon

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
pleaseadddrawgames

Favicon

Post by pleaseadddrawgames »

I'm trying to figure out how to get a favicon working in Version 6.13 - 64 bit.
I've seen on the forum to point to a folder name "Web Folder". I have a Favicon in there, but it's not population in the tab.
Any ideas here?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Favicon

Post by Kent Briggs »

There's a "Web folder" setting in the Web Settings group on the System tab. Put the name of your folder in that setting and copy your favicon file into that folder. That folder becomes public to the world so don't put any private files in there.
pleaseadddrawgames

For some reason is does not work. i have favicon.ico in a folder defined in the web settings.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

pleaseadddrawgames wrote:For some reason is does not work. i have favicon.ico in a folder defined in the web settings.
I think the meta tag I put it for Android/iOS icons is overriding the old favicon system, even on desktop browsers. So try this instead: convert your .ico file to a 128x128 .png or .gif and specify that in this setting:

System tab -> Client Media -> Mobile icon

This file can be located anywhere since since PM will directly load it into memory from the path you specify.
pleaseadddrawgames

Kent Briggs wrote:
pleaseadddrawgames wrote:For some reason is does not work. i have favicon.ico in a folder defined in the web settings.
I think the meta tag I put it for Android/iOS icons is overriding the old favicon system, even on desktop browsers. So try this instead: convert your .ico file to a 128x128 .png or .gif and specify that in this setting:

System tab -> Client Media -> Mobile icon

This file can be located anywhere since since PM will directly load it into memory from the path you specify.

fixed!